Can't find a recent thread about walking...

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
So thought I'd start another!
Charley's now pulling himself up onto everything and walking along furniture.
Lacey didn't do this until she was 11 months and still didnt walk until 15 months!
Roughly how long did your LO's take from walking along furniture to letting go and taking 1st steps? I know it differs from different babies.
Also not sure whether to get him a baby walker?! I have a baby walker/sit on car thing but it's meant to be for his birthday which is over 3 months away!!

I was gonna start a thread like this yesterday! Tegan is pulling herself up on everything and walking with a push along walker, hasn't gone the hang of walking along furniture yet though xx

Do you think it's scary that our babies will be walking soon? I want to keep charley a baby but I also want him to do everything too! x x

We haven't had any solo steps yet, but C will now walk as long as you hold onto at least one hand. He walks very confidently pushing his walker along and is practically running round the room holding onto furniture. I know it won't be ling before he's tottering around on his own, I even think he could probably do it now, if only he were willing to try! He can stand unaided for ages now :

Chaz i find it very scary how quickly they've grown up! x

i wondered this too as h walks when you hold his hand but my sofas are quite high so finds difficult to hang onto them when he pulls himself up. Are the walkers any good as i was thinking of getting him one?

Hiya, it took Zachary about 3 months from walking round the furniture to taking his first steps. You could see him getting more and more confident, walking holding one hand and using his walker, but seemed to take ages for him to finally take a step! That was 2 weeks ago, now he is really good at walking and standing without holding on to anything, he is still wobbly but getting better every day.

Got a bit carried away there, I'm just so proud x

i wondered this too as h walks when you hold his hand but my sofas are quite high so finds difficult to hang onto them when he pulls himself up. Are the walkers any good as i was thinking of getting him one?

I found the walker brilliant, he was a lot more sturdy with it than holding hands x

Donovan is pulling himself up to standing on everything now, got the hang of it in the last week, earlier i turned my back for 2 secs and he was standing against the fridge, nothing at all to grip on to so i have no idea how he did it! he coming up to 8 months but looks so odd standing, like hes to babyish to be doing that yet iykwim lol

Same question! Campbell is standing quite well, crusing along the sofas and walks along holding hands. He has done it suddenly in the last couple of days. xx

Paige starting 'cruising' along furniture probably about 2 months ago and she first took a step about 2 weeks ago. She fell over though and lost her confidence but the past 2 days shes getting her confidence back and today she took a fair few steps again. I think she can take about 6/7 steps confidently now.

So I think it will take about 3 months for her to get to cruising to walking. :)

Ladies who have walkers is it better to get a ride on as well as a walker or get them seperately?

Noa have walked around holding on to something for about a month, if I hold one hand he walk wobbly. He got a ride on walker but haven't got the hang of it yet x

I didn't bother with a ride on one. I got a lovely wooden one from the early learning center. Love it!

I got a chicco one (not a ride on) and it's got a little activity centre on the front for playing, zac loves it x

I got a chicco one (not a ride on) and it's got a little activity centre on the front for playing, zac loves it x

thats like the one he plays with at the baby group i go to but wondered if a ride on is used longer than just an activity one...

Herbie has been walking around the furniture for what feels forever and walk with his walker but he doesn't seem to be moving to the next stage I really thought he would be walking by now as he was so early pulling himself up etc but how he just seems happy do this now and again he leaves go and stands for a few seconds but no steps yet

thats like the one he plays with at the baby group i go to but wondered if a ride on is used longer than just an activity one...

It might be better to get a ride on one then but I don't know how easy they are to push as we don't have one. Zac had his from 6 months to play with, started using it for walking at 9 months and still uses it for both now at 12 months, so I have definately had my moneys worth, it was £20 I think x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back