When are you planning on finishing work?

Bluebell

Reaction score
Just wondering when people plan to go on maternity leave? I've decided to leave early as a) I don't like my job and b) I just feel so tired all the time and being on my feet for 12 hours is getting much harder.

My plan was 5 weeks before, like you I'm on my feet all day and not sure how long I can go before it starts getting really tiring, how early are you going?

I'm going to stop at 36 weeks this time. Last time I was due to carry on until 38 weeks as I love my job and didn't want to be sat at home wasting mat leave before baby arrived but Ella arrived early at 35+5! So this time I'm thinking I will take it easy in that last month and plus I have Ella to spend time with x

Was going to stay until 36 weeks, but due to a combination of hating my job and struggling with a number of pregnancy related problems I'm going at 33 weeks (have holiday to take as well, so won't be eating into my Mat. leave!)

Would love to leave now if I'm honest - so sore and tired!! :(

Sound like your all going on long after me! I went to HR asking for my earliest possible date! So I'm going at 29 weeks, it will give me time for a rest before new baby arrives :)

Im leaving at end of August when I will be nearly 36 weeks. I would have liked to have worked on but decided to use my annual leave up before leaving.....so 40 days left to work xx

I'm finishing 31st August now- 5 weeks before and I can't wait :) xx

Im finishing on 31st August and will be 35 weeks xxx

My due date will be my last day :) x

You're hardcore :lol:

I really need to give this some thought as I need to hand in my MATB1 this month and give my dates.

I am thinking I'll work until 37 weeks, take 1 weeks annual leave and then start maternity leave from 38 weeks?

That still leaves me with 10 days annual leave (plus Crimbo Day and boxing day) which I am going to ask to be paid for!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am finishing the week before my due date :) I dont want to be just sitting at home waiting doing nothing. I'll take longer the other side which I'm happy with x

I am finishing the week before my due date :) I dont want to be just sitting at home waiting doing nothing. I'll take longer the other side which I'm happy with x

See this is what I am worried about, if bub was two weeks late then I would have had 5 weeks sat at home doing nothing?

I may push it all back by a week? So have a weeks leave and start maternity leave from 39 weeks?

Work has confirmed I won't lose any holiday if I were to have baby early.

However I have no idea how tired I am going to be and how I am going to feel physically so I may give provisional dates and if I feel OK then work a bit longer?

xxxxxxxxxx

Same as me! I'm off from Dec 1st, I'm hoping that I'll be able to cope til then. I might use holiday to have some long weekends or odd days off in the week depending on my lecture timetable. That way I save it for after baby comes. Also I'm lucky in that I might be able to work the odd day from home too. We'll see how it goes but that's my current thinking.

Im thinking of taking off about 5 weeks before, and only because I am adamant that I was due earlier in December but got put back loads of people say to me to trust the first due dates so Im scared ill go early now! Im thinking of taking off from the week after bonfire which I will be 35 weeks but then it gives me time to make sure that xmas and everything is sorted. Plus its hard for me to move about in that kind of weather never mind being ready to pop! I also have annual leave and thats why I am thinking of going at 35 weeks, which is only a meer 20 weeks away! :shock:

Due to being made redundant last week this issue was resolved for me. Initially I was going to go on Mat leave at 36 weeks (September 17th) but I am now officially redundant and luckily still entitled to company maternity pay so I am starting it at the end of July at 29 weeks.
Although the whole situation was upsetting at first and I was gutted that I'd have so long off before I get to meet baby, it has actually worked out very well and it also means that when I am ready to go back to work I can look for a part time job that fits in better with family life.

Due to being made redundant last week this issue was resolved for me. Initially I was going to go on Mat leave at 36 weeks (September 17th) but I am now officially redundant and luckily still entitled to company maternity pay so I am starting it at the end of July at 29 weeks.
Although the whole situation was upsetting at first and I was gutted that I'd have so long off before I get to meet baby, it has actually worked out very well and it also means that when I am ready to go back to work I can look for a part time job that fits in better with family life.

Glad that things have turned out for the best for you hun, I know how stressed you were about it x :)

Glad that things have turned out for the best for you hun, I know how stressed you were about it x :)

Thanks! The stressy part for me was not knowing what would happen about mat pay but I got more than I was expecting so can't complain. Every cloud and all that! :)

I too am finishing on 31 August. I will be 34 weeks and that's just 4+6 weeks from the planned birth. I've only 29 days to work between now and then as using up AL too. God bless the NHS! I'd go now if I could. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back