When Are You Decorations Going Up?

Evie has started crawling and pulling up on things really early so I will wait til Xmas Eve to put my tree up- have it up for the xmas day photos then take it down- I cant be dealing with it being yanked over 10 times a day and having Evie eating the tinsel! :lol:

I went with a friend to her friends party last night... and she had hers up already :shock: :shock:

SarahH said:
12 days before and then take it down 12 days after.... bad luck to do it sooner!!!

Thats what I do too!

My birthday is end of Nov and I REFUSE to have xmas decorations up for then :lol:

Yeh 12 days before :D then take em down usually just after new year! x

Usually a couple of weeks before Christmas :D
My dad has his up already :shock:
He is actually later than last year! He had them up on the 19th October last year! Crazy fool :roll: :lol:

sarafet said:
Bekie said:
We put ours up on the 5th as its my Birthday, so its tradition now :D Its always nice when we've been out for a meal/cinema and come home to put the lights on :D :D

I do think its daft when people put them up 2 weeks before Halloween though! Its way too early!

Bekie

you mean the 5th of nov :shock:

we don't do it till about the 10th dec :lol:

Nope oops sorry :lol: I mean the 5th of December :lol:

mine will be up soon, its family tradition to have them up early :D

1st of Dec. I get sick of them by Xmas and usually take everything down Boxing day as the cats drive me mad playing with the tinsel and pulling the tree over.

We do ours usually a couple weeks before Christmas and I always take them down before New Years Eve as I dont like to take the old year into the new one, plus they seem stale after Boxing Day and I dont see the point as theres nothing to be excited about, I much prefer the anticipation on Christmas Eve.

Well, Teddy is due 4th December so before then! Probaly the 1st Dec (any excuse!). I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

I usually put my tree up on the 1st dec to start advent off but i am going to leave it a bit longer this year i think maybe around the 19th which will be around the time the kids break up so i might have it up for them coming home from school on the last day!

I have this problem from childhood because when i was a kid my parents were always so busy that often the tree went up at tea time on christmas eve...it scarred me for life!

1st December here too! Although I am usually sick of them by Boxing Day! My OH goes mad and decorates the entire house, inside and out! Although it is tastefully done! He seems to think that having Ella will allow him to put all sorts of inflatables in the front garden!

I dont know this year as baby is due 9th so not sure if i should do it before or after, i may do it just before as i will be bored rigid by then :wink:

some time in december, have started organisin shizz so the place will look luverly!!

We'll probably put ours up on the 30th November as I just looked at my calender and that's a sunday!

OH won't be at work so we can all do it together. Ooooh I'm soooo excited, I love christmas! We always put a christmas CD on when we're putting the decs up to get in the mood! :lol: My OH goes mad with them too, he's just a big kid at heart!

Not sure................. speak to Oh and well decide :)

Mid December as don't want them up until after OH's daughters b'day on the 3rd. Will be the weekend that she visits so we can do it as a family and she don't get left out just because she don't live with us. Our Xmas tree is on it's last legs as it's a family heirloom and over 50yrs old and we really should get a new one but then I'd feel disloyal to my Mum and Dad and would end up guilt tripping myself about it (I'm such a wuss :rotfl: ) Maybe we'll get another tree this year and have 2 trees up and then over the next few Xmas's I'll wean myself off gently!!!!!

Trouble is my great big golden retreiver likes to sleep under the tree and last year we had to tie it down to stop it falling over when she snuggled under it....

Sarah xxx

its my birthday 6th december so i dont tend to put the tree up before then.tbh im not feeling the christmas spirit like i have other years usually im excited by now but this year im like yeah well whatever :?

Will probably wait to see if we are moving before Christmas or not before deciding when tree goes up. Now that I'm pregnant again we are moving to a 3 bed house before hubby goes away for 4 months and the chances are it will be before Christmas (like we dont have enough going on :roll: )
Usually we would put it up on 1st December :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back