Christmas decorations

mine usually go up 12days b4 christmas and then come down around new year

but as im so excited about chrsitmas this year they may go up a little earlier...think its because Oliver will be 2 and will be a bit more into christmas

He has started to point to santa when he sees them in the shops on cards bags etc etc!!!

Oh yeah cant wait to hear christmas music makes me go all silly haha!!!

xxx

Mine go up around 15th Dec (always have them done for my birthday on the 17th :D )

I do love them, but not too early :D I'm seriously considering not having a tree this year as Evie is so into everything, I just think I will constantly be pulling her away from it - I love my real tree and it makes me sad :(

We put ours up on the 1st of December and take them down on the 31st. OH can't stand still having them up in January and I've got to say by then I'm sick of them anyway.

emma28 said:
A post in tri 2 has shocked me to the core...... so when do people put their decorations up??

Where's That Post? Iv Been Searching For Ages & Cant Find It :(

where doing ours on the 1st december :D

Ours usually go up around the 10th, but im thinking of putting them up later this year as i just KNOW thats Olivia is going to attack the tree :roll:

We usually leave them up for Brookes birthday (new years day) then take them down on the 2nd!

We usually put ours up on the 1st Dec cos Jamie's birthday is the 3rd and I like to have them up for then. I can't wait to get mine up but hubby will be working away for most of Dec this year so god knows when they will be put up :roll:

Isaac's birthday is on 13th Dec so we will put the decorations up after that we think. Although it would be nice to put them up first it may take the shine off of his special day. I dunno?

As baby is due on the 5th, (no later :pray: ) I think I will put mine up on the 1st so that everything will be done for me coming home.

I am very picky about how my tree is decorated and will not let anyone else touch it.

I am a bit of a clean freak, and usually my tree and cards come down on boxing day so I can get in and give the house a good clean from top to bottom while hubby is back at work. I don't think that will be happening this year. xxx

We usually put ours up at the begining of december then take them down begining of january

OMG im sooooooooooooo excited bout xmas, gunna be bit down cos obv wont b with Rob but on the otherhand, its mine n LEahs 1st xmas in r new house :D Iv done all my xmas shopping n got all my decorations. I REALLY REALLY wanna get my tree now n put all the decs up but im having a real tree n it will Die by xmas, so my plan is, on the 1st dec all my decs are going up and then the 13th//14th im gunna get my tree.

Im like a little kid again, sooooooo excited :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I cant find that link, i wanted to b nosey but cant find it :( Where is it in 2nd tri

Dunno I was looking for that post too

... xmas is cool when you have a tiny one... but when they become older it sorta looses it's appeal... :think: The xmas tree isn't as fascinating and the lights on the tree don't keep them occupied for hours.. .instead the weeks leading up to xmas are consumed with the question... is it xmas yet? is it xmas yet...is it xmas tomorrow... how many days till xmas... are you sure you told Santa EVERYTHING I wanted... If you think the "mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy...." thing was annoying... wait till they can talk and understand xmas... but not time.. :wall:

Then the hours upon hours you spend on xmas eve desperately trying to wrap the mountainous amounts of presents... :shock: Then the arguments over where to put the decorations on the xmas tree because they want to "help".. :wall: :wall: If it wasn't for my daughter there wouldn't be a xmas..

pssff... I'm not putting those decorations up until mid December...

Usually the beginning of December. I also have a birthday tree :oops: as I usually get birthday gifts early and need somewhere separate to put them! My DH gave it to me as a gift one year, it's a teeny little fibre optic tree.

probably the 1st depending on moving house etc

we do ours 2 before xmas normally
but now im all on my own as soon as i get that tree its going on up woohoo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27