Christmas decorations

emma28

Reaction score
A post in tri 2 has shocked me to the core...... so when do people put their decorations up??

I usually do mine about the 10th ish December and although I love them, and look forward to putting them up, I'm always pleased to take them down again. Usually on New years day or the 2nd. :D

Everyone's Going To Bombard Me For This Im Sure, But....

Mine Went Up Last Friday! :cheer:

:rotfl: I Know, I Know, Its Early Bla Bla But I Cant Help Being All Excited This Year So
smilie_tongue.gif
. Its Just The Tree Tho, Nothing Else Yet Not Even Lights and In My Defence... My Tree Was Delivered So I Opened It In Excitement To See If It Was a Good One, Then After Setting It Up To See What It Was Like I Decided There Was No Way I Was Taking It All Back Down Again As It Took Me Over An Hour To Open Up All The Branches!

Anyways, Its Up & Im Proud Of It, and My Birthday Presents Are Under It Too Ready For Next Week
smilie_biggrin.gif

lmao, were the same as u emma and ours usually go up about 10th and come down just after new year, when things get back to normal :( :bored:

OMG it's NOVEMBER!! How could you have it decorated already? :lol:

I'm not sure when ours will go up this year, we go away on the 5th December so if we have time I'll put some up beforehand (we're having the front room and dining room decorated though whilst we're away so will just be the tree). Otherwise it will be when we get back on the 14th which seems too close to Xmas!!

xCarly said:

:rotfl: I Know, I Know, Its Early Bla Bla But I Cant Help Being All Excited This Year So
smilie_tongue.gif
. Its Just The Tree Tho, Nothing Else Yet Not Even Lights and In My Defence... My Tree Was Delivered So I Opened It In Excitement To See If It Was a Good One, Then After Setting It Up To See What It Was Like I Decided There Was No Way I Was Taking It All Back Down Again As It Took Me Over An Hour To Open Up All The Branches!

Anyways, Its Up & Im Proud Of It, and My Birthday Presents Are Under It Too Ready For Next Week
smilie_biggrin.gif

cant blame u for being excited this year- u might hav a christmas baby!

mine go up around the 20th (of december) lol i always forget- and theyre down well b4 new year. once its over they just annoy me!

emma28 said:
A post in tri 2 has shocked me to the core...... so when do people put their decorations up??

I usually do mine about the 10th ish December and although I love them, and look forward to putting them up, I'm always pleased to take them down again. Usually on New years day or the 2nd. :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

xCarly said:

smilie_tongue.gif

smilie_biggrin.gif

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: you go girl! Im all for premature xmas decs. I did mine this week. My living room is all done and ready. Im just soooo excited and in my defence Il probably be feeling more hormonal and crappy by december so I did it now to save any drama. Pics in 2nd tri chat :rotfl:

x

They do look nice tilly :clap:

I think we should all post pics of our trees when they are up.

emma28 said:
They do look nice tilly :clap:

I think we should all post pics of our trees when they are up.

thanks hun :D they took me 3 hours, that might be why Im sad to dismantle them? :rotfl:

as i'm due on jan 16th i'm being basic with christmas deco so that i have less to take down and tidy up ready for the baby!!

if i was due around christmas day i would have them up by now too!

Tillytots said:
xCarly said:

smilie_tongue.gif

smilie_biggrin.gif

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: you go girl! Im all for premature xmas decs. I did mine this week. My living room is all done and ready. Im just soooo excited and in my defence Il probably be feeling more hormonal and crappy by december so I did it now to save any drama. Pics in 2nd tri chat :rotfl:

x

Trotted off to 2nd tri to check them out and they look really fab :dance:

well according to my other half im not allowed them up till 1st of december :( but im nagging him like mad so hoping for before then lol xxxxxxx

Well I want everything done and dusted before I have my Section on 5th December, so mine are going up around 1st :dance: Can't wait :cheer:

Well, girls... I am an old-fashioned tart! The children decorate the house on Dec 13th, which is traditionally the right day in Spain - but the tree goes up on Christmas EVE - and it is a family thing, with lots of little family traditions, the angel at the top is put on by the youngest member, until last year my son Victor (he's 9) This year the theory is that Anais is to do it - but at 5 months it is going to be difficult to explain to her... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
My OH gets the lights and he is allowed to curse and say as many four letter words as he wants because they dont work! (But no shouting!)
We have homemade biscuits/ or my mum's mince pies if I can find the time to make them - and then the kids put out a treat for Santa and go to bed!
After that my OH inspects what Santa has got to eat and drink! He always hints that Santa doesnt like milk very much - or has a milk allergy - and that HE thinks that a tot of whisky would be a nice touch! :rotfl: :rotfl:
Lisa

My deckies aren't up and they won't be for ages yet! Not cos I'm a miserable scrooge type but our house still isn't ready to move into yet! Hopefully we'll be in by th 14th of December and then it needs painting etc so I might have to forego christmas decorations this year... :cry: :cry: :cry:

can I come and sit in someone elses living room and stare at the tree?!?!

This is the first year that i haven't been living with my parents ... so i VERY excited about christmas.

My tree and decorations are goin up on 1st december mayb even last day in november :lol:

if it was up to me it would go up now haha but mum wont let us until around the 10th/12th!! :shakehead: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back