When Are You Decorations Going Up?

BabyLove

Reaction score
Im putting mine up 1st December :cheer:

I more excited this year, probably coz iv got a child now. Cant wait to put her pressies under it and count down the days :D x

probably about 2 weeks before christmas. Can't see the point before then tbh

12 days before and then take it down 12 days after.... bad luck to do it sooner!!!

We're moving on 5th December so will unpack the tree then with everything else :)

charlie84 said:
SarahH said:
12 days before and then take it down 12 days after.... bad luck to do it sooner!!!

This is what we do too :D

we used to do that but now I like to have them gone before Seren's birthday (27th)

Usually the first weekend of December, but depends on housing this year.

we do the 12 day thing too. Personally i think putting them up any sooner takes away how special christmas is a bit. For us it really enhances the run up to Christmas and you know its just around the corner once they are up. :D

2 weeks before christmas unless my dad gets bored of my moaning and lets me put them up earlier
if my moaning dont work ill set Bray on him, he can get round him sooo well lol

It's usually 30th November for when we put ours up. Though last year it was Christmas Eve.

Epp! I just realised it's November already! *runs off screaming*

Normally I put them up on December 14th (an old family tradition, my brothers birthday!) This year I may start earlier though.

Me and my kids move into a new place at the end of Nov, so I think it might be nice to put a few bits up as soon as we settle. I'll wait with the tree though........

I always put mine up the first weekend in December.... OH is out that weekend so I think I will put it up on the sat night with Miracle on 34th street on as I always do lol

When we were kids our decorations went up a few days before Christmas but the tree was left undecorated until Christmas eve and it all came down 12 days later. I loved it, it made Christmas eve special, decorating the tree as family together.
I do it a little bit earlier now but never ever earlier than the 14th of December.
It makes me sad to walk past houses and see them clad in tacky decorations as early as November, it takes away from what Christmas is all about, it should be more than flashy lights, tinsel and presents.

I used to do it late on, but the kids drive me insane asking so i usually relent.
Ill see how long it takes for them to grind me down this year.

I usually have them down really quick tho

We put ours up on the 5th as its my Birthday, so its tradition now :D Its always nice when we've been out for a meal/cinema and come home to put the lights on :D :D

I do think its daft when people put them up 2 weeks before Halloween though! Its way too early!

Bekie

Bekie said:
We put ours up on the 5th as its my Birthday, so its tradition now :D Its always nice when we've been out for a meal/cinema and come home to put the lights on :D :D

I do think its daft when people put them up 2 weeks before Halloween though! Its way too early!

Bekie

you mean the 5th of nov :shock:

we don't do it till about the 10th dec :lol:

We usually put them up sometimes before the 25th Dec :lol:
We dont really have a set day! :think: Just whenever we feel like! Usually in the second week I would say!? My mam always makes me take them down 12 days after though! lol

HideiLu said:
We're moving on 5th December so will unpack the tree then with everything else :)

DITTO!!!!

though we don't own any decorations so we will have to buy some.lol

About a week before xmas.

We didnt bother last year... we went to Lanzarote for xmas :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member