Whats wrong with me

strongminded

Reaction score
Hi all.

I got my BFP on 12.02.16 clear blue said i am 2 to 3 weeks. Hubby and i are over the moon. I have my first gp appointment tomorrow. But i am getting so so worried about everything. I keep on goggling miscarriages and testing and abnormalities and all kinds of negative things! Any time i feel something i check if i am bleeding and its always just clear cm. I just cant stop thinking negative about the first scan and finding no heart beat and all kinds of negativity.

Whats wrong with me, this should be the happiest time aand its my first pregnancy but all i do is worry and stress myself out!! Is it just me? :-(

It is definitely not just you, I am exactly the same. I was just saying yesterday that I'm so gutted I don't feel overwhelmed with joy at this point. It's as though I'm just waiting for the worst to happen. I'm actually scared of being happy about it yet. I still haven't had the guts to call the doctor because I'm convinced once I do, something awful will happen. As for running to the bathroom convinced of bleeding, I'm doing exactly the same also. Im sorry you're feeling this way but at the same time I'm a little glad I'm not the only one.

Do you know how many weeks you are?? Fab that you have an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully that will help to put your mind at ease!!! Xx

The first trimester is a terrifying time and knicker checking is perfectly normal! I've had a successful pregnancy and a few losses, and I've learnt that you can't tell what's going to happen and can't really control it (other than cutting out the obvious).. It's hard but you just have to try and take it easy and what will be will be. Good luck hun xxx

It is definitely not just you, I am exactly the same. I was just saying yesterday that I'm so gutted I don't feel overwhelmed with joy at this point. It's as though I'm just waiting for the worst to happen. I'm actually scared of being happy about it yet. I still haven't had the guts to call the doctor because I'm convinced once I do, something awful will happen. As for running to the bathroom convinced of bleeding, I'm doing exactly the same also. Im sorry you're feeling this way but at the same time I'm a little glad I'm not the only one.

Do you know how many weeks you are?? Fab that you have an appointment tomorrow. Hopefully that will help to put your mind at ease!!! Xx

Hi MissJP

I am sooooo glad its not just me!! I feel better already. I guess its normal during early stages of pregnancy. You should make an appointment :) i am sure everything will be fine with you too. I am also thinking of paying for a private scan if the wait for an early scan is too long. I told myself yesterday what will be will be and its made me feel better. I wish you all the best :)

The first trimester is a terrifying time and knicker checking is perfectly normal! I've had a successful pregnancy and a few losses, and I've learnt that you can't tell what's going to happen and can't really control it (other than cutting out the obvious).. It's hard but you just have to try and take it easy and what will be will be. Good luck hun xxx

Thanks Cherrybelly its good to know i am not going crazy lol. The support at the forum is brilliant. When the site was down a couple of days ago i didnt know what to do with myself lol. I have decided not to say anything at my work place until after my first scan. I think i am 4 and half weeks now. Other than worrying myself silly and feeling tired i dont have any more symptoms

I'm terrified that something is going to go wrong :-( so I'm right there with you xxx

I am exactly the same! It'll be completely honest, it doesn't get easier... Well it hasn't for me, but all you can do is try to relax, talk to your midwife (I am going for a Pregnancy in Mind group for pregnant ladies ŵith anxiety and she arranged this) and maybe try a private scan?
I'm going for a private scan at 11 weeks today - £99 - to reassure myself and I have had two healthy scans already, so now you know that you are not alone and it's because you love your baby already! I can't even wait a week and a half until my 12 week scan. The overwhelming chances are positive that you will have a healthy pregnancy. Instead of thinking about the 1 in 4 pregnancies that are miscarriages, think about the 3 in 4 that aren't! You will feel better, I am sure, but pregnancy is full of anxiety, my midwife told me. She said stay active, distract yourself wherever possible and follow your body as it tells you when you need to rest. I am in bed at 8 every night as I literally can't cope beyond that atm!
Very good luck! You will be fine. Xxxx

Thank god I've found my kindred spirits!

I am not sure how far along I am due to a strange period and a 2 day spoting, but i'm obsessed that every time I feel a cramp it's my period coming even though I have had 2 positive clearblue digis. Knickergate is tiring! anyone else getting period like cramps?

Another thing I've become concerned about is a dull ache on my left hand side! I've had it for a few weeks, before I knew I was pregnant and put it down to something muscular. It aches when i'm more active, and when I get in to bet sometimes it hurts to lie on that side. I would describe it as being in my pelvis, and ideas?

xx

Last edited:
I was like this, but for me it got better, very long story short, I had bleeding and was booked for a scan but they only saw the yolk sac as I was earlier than I thought, I had more bleeding a few days later and the hospital weren't at all helpful in fact the doctor was awful. Anyways the private scan didn't show anything but a gestational sac.... I had to back to the hospital for a rescan and there baby was! Absolutely fine. And ever since then I've calmed right down. It was 5 days between the private scan and my NHS rescan and they were awful I'd convinced baby wasn't there. But baby is fine and now I truly believe he/she is going to be just fine because I'll never doubt him again :). We've also bought a Doppler... But if you feel really anxious all the way through I wouldn't recommend you get one. I've always found the heart beat but sometimes it's takes forever (over an hour once). And you have to realise sometimes you might not hear it, our baby dances around and wiggles all over the place as I'm sure other babies do so can make using a Doppler really tricky. My midwife didn't recommend them but I like it but I'm not anxious at all anymore. First trimester is a really scary time I think, I hope it gets better for you like it did me xxxx

I guess we all have to start thinking positive. Worrying isnt good for any of us. Is there anyone else who feels the days are passing extra slowwwww since getting bfp

Worrying has definately been a large part of my pregnancy. Much like some of the other ladies, I was terrified to get excited in case something terrible happened. Every twinge and pain I was convinced the worst. The Dr and hospital won't do anything for you either. So that is hopeless.

I am now 27 weeks and all is going well. My saving grace - avoid Dr. Google. It is only ever going to tell you everything you feel is the first signs of a miscarriage. Avoid googling every tiny detail, and you will relieve so much stress.

I'm right with you guys! I've had a routine doctors appointment today and went over all my worries, still don't feel relaxed though!

I think everyone does the same. I worried constantly until my first scan. I felt better for all of about 3 days after that scan, then back to worry again. Even at 26 weeks I have bouts of awful feelings that something is going to go wrong, even though the chances of that are way way less than they were in tri 1.

It's a part of being pregnant, you suddenly have another life to worry about in a way that you never really worried about your own.

Hi All. I had my first gp appointment today she said i am 6 weeks and has reffered me to the hospital. She said i should receive a letter in 2 weeks time for blood test and scan at 12weeks. I hate blood tests :(

Definitely not just you hun, I really stressed myself out thinking the worst. Have only just started to feel better when I had my 12 week scan the other day and all was good x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back