What's the youngest age you'd take LO abroad on holiday?

Owens six months now and I think he would
Enjoy going abroad. My parents both live abroad! So I'm thinking as I work term time next time ideally to go would be August ( I'm gutted as usually go to see them 2-3 times a year and havent been since aug a year and a half ago!) I'd feel quite confident that he could travel well now.

Little miss I agree with your comments but just wanted to say that rules have changed cows milk as a drink is not recommended until they are one now. Can have cows milk in food from 6 months but formula or breast milk as drink (plus water).

Havent done it yet with any of mine, my oldest is 12! How bad am I

Must admit, I think if I did it when they were all little , I would be a stressed wreck, even if the kids were fine by take off time!! ha

I think its awful taking babies on aeroplanes! I have been on planes with them and they just dont understand whats happening with the pressure, so that when a normal person would pop their ears a baby just gets distressed. We are planning to go to France this summer but will take the car on the ferry to avoid flying with a baby

I'm sure this wont be a popular opinion but its what i think personally

How ridiculous. We took Arthur to Portugal when he was 10 weeks old, he didn't cry for one minute, grinned at everyone around him, charmed the cabin crew and slept.

Little miss I agree with your comments but just wanted to say that rules have changed cows milk as a drink is not recommended until they are one now. Can have cows milk in food from 6 months but formula or breast milk as drink (plus water).

Bloody rediculous how they keep changing their minds....6 months more than expected of paying out for formula then. can u still stop sterilising at 6 m/o?

:roll:

Jeez! I did say it was just my personal opinion, you could have chosen to ignore it rather than be agressive! I'm tired and tearful with a newborn and quite frankly I find the responses to my thoughts nasty...

To those of you who I consider friends, sorry but I wont be around for a while until I learn to cope better and not get upset by other peoples comments, bye xxx

Bloody rediculous how they keep changing their minds....6 months more than expected of paying out for formula then. can u still stop sterilising at 6 m/o?

I know it's bloody daft. Like they switched foods from 3-6-9-12months stages it's now 4-7-10-14mos :roll: I'm sure sterilizing up to 6mos is right still or we will be sterilizing their cutlery too :lol: !! I'm sure that will happen in a few yrs!!

I know it's bloody daft. Like they switched foods from 3-6-9-12months stages it's now 4-7-10-14mos :roll: I'm sure sterilizing up to 6mos is right still or we will be sterilizing their cutlery too :lol: !! I'm sure that will happen in a few yrs!!

My hv told me yesterday that while you use formula, you still need to sterilise bottles as the milk breeds bacteria like crazy xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Jeez! I did say it was just my personal opinion, you could have chosen to ignore it rather than be agressive! I'm tired and tearful with a newborn and quite frankly I find the responses to my thoughts nasty...

To those of you who I consider friends, sorry but I wont be around for a while until I learn to cope better and not get upset by other peoples comments, bye xxx

:hugs: star don't stay away Hun, it's only words, I know u wasn't meaning anything offensive. xxx

My hv told me yesterday that while you use formula, you still need to sterilise bottles as the milk breeds bacteria like crazy xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Blimey!! :shock: hope I can continue to bf thru the sterilizing I hate having to do bottles etc it's hard work!

I stopped sterilising with my eldest around 6 months. Am lazy so just started using dishwasher. That must kill all the bacteria? Although does make the bottles go a slight orange colour! Will do the same again unless LO continues with the sensitive tummy she seems to have now!

We took Jack to Dorset when he was 7 weeks old (not quite abroad lol) and apart from having to take everything but the kitchen sink we had a lovely time! We're going again this August when he'll be almost 14 months old and i'm already thinking about how we'll be running around after him etc. I'm really looking forward to it but I know it'll be much harder than when he was tiny! The younger the better I say x

Travel sterilizers are great! I'd advise using bottled water not tap depending where you go..
My mum dishwashed bottles from 6mos but rinsed them after because of the chemicals and salt etc from the dishwasher x

i took my lo away at christmas she was 3 months old and she was fine. on the plane we just gave her a bottle taking off an landing to make sure her ears didnt hurt. x

i took my DD for her 1st trip abroad at 8 mths, she didnt have any problems with flying infact as others av said they sleep through most the flight.... she absolutley loved the beach even at that age...

i've just been looking at holidays this evening, very exciting :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back