Advice on taking baby abroad...

Dee83

Reaction score
We are wanting to book a holiday for next year, probably just to spain as we don't want to go anywhere too far afield with a new baby. I want to book it in advance so that we can budget properly.
I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are of taking him when he's about 7months old? Is this a good age for his first trip abroad? Also, does baby need to have his own passport now and not go on my passport like they used to?

Thanks Girls xxx

Last edited:
Dee not sure about the whole passport thing but I think you should be fine going away with a 7 month old baby.... We are looking at flying all the way to Australia when our little one is about the same age as that is where my family are..... A 2-3 hour flight is fine compared to a 24 hour flight. :)

Dee not sure about the whole passport thing but I think you should be fine going away with a 7 month old baby.... We are looking at flying all the way to Australia when our little one is about the same age as that is where my family are..... A 2-3 hour flight is fine compared to a 24 hour flight. :)

Thanks hun. Not sure if i could take a 24hour flight but then i'm not the best flyer really - the furthest i've been is Florida and i think that's my limit!! lol.

We'll be taking baby to France next summer, we'll be in dire need of a holiday by then! We decided to go somewhere driveable though, everyone's a lot more relaxed.

Last edited:
Baby will be fine, i know people who have gone away with really tiny babies! they do need a passport though as babies and children can't go on yours anymore.

Get a pop up uv tent, they are a god send in hot countries. Get plenty of those cooling spray aerosols from boots, incase lo gets a bit hot and bothered, they are amazing. I bought a uv swim suit (looks like a wet suit but thinner) and hat with a flap to protect the neck, that was boots too, also little beach shoes for walking in the water. I also took a little cool drink holder so the lo's always had a cold drink when we were out. Buy a cheap fold up pushchair (£20 from Argos) dead lightweight, can be thrown on the plane, easy to push on the beach x

We're going to go away about the same time, when baby is 6-7 months old, everyone keeps telling me its good to travel with them before they are a year....we shall see!!

I don't see a problem in it I'm takin my lil man to Jamaica in January and he'll be about 3 months then also considering to go out to Australia in next October to visit my aunty & uncle & maybe a possible short trip to Spain straight after he is born to see my sister for her 21st if she's still there nxt yr I'll do a few short trips with him between April & sept. It will get them used to travelling too! Xx

im gonna be doing this! we are thinking august/september. due to my bfp we agreed to not have one this year so i'll be bursting for some sunshine next year. i'm thinknig the furthest we will go is cyprus and spain is a maybe too. most conveniant i think! xx

Get a pop up uv tent, they are a god send in hot countries. Get plenty of those cooling spray aerosols from boots, incase lo gets a bit hot and bothered, they are amazing. I bought a uv swim suit (looks like a wet suit but thinner) and hat with a flap to protect the neck, that was boots too, also little beach shoes for walking in the water. I also took a little cool drink holder so the lo's always had a cold drink when we were out. Buy a cheap fold up pushchair (£20 from Argos) dead lightweight, can be thrown on the plane, easy to push on the beach x

That's great advice hun - thanks for the info, i will make notes :)

We're probably going to go away next summer, but we've decided to wait and see how we're coping and just get a last minute deal somewhere. But taking baby under 2 on the plane often means they travel for free as they'll be on your knee not on a seat of their own.

ok nothing to do with ur question but i am highly jealous of all these babies going abroad next yr, i cant even afford to go to torquay , hope these babies are grateful lmao

im gonna be doing this! we are thinking august/september. due to my bfp we agreed to not have one this year so i'll be bursting for some sunshine next year. i'm thinknig the furthest we will go is cyprus and spain is a maybe too. most conveniant i think! xx

I'm thinking August/Sept too hun. I went away in Feb, just before i found out i was preg, but it feels like a lifetime ago! I cant wait to get some sun next yr!

ok nothing to do with ur question but i am highly jealous of all these babies going abroad next yr, i cant even afford to go to torquay , hope these babies are grateful lmao
They'd better be!!!:mad: *tough mummy in the making*

Cosmic girl I'm loving the idea of a pop up uv tent where do u get this from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back