Taking baby on holiday...

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

Do any of you have plans to take your baby on holiday and if you do when are you thinking of going and where will you go?

I'm not being nosey its just that we have a camper van and want to take Isaac camping in it this summer and also me and Jarrod have backpacked lots of countries and one day hope to take Isaac to some interesting places (he already has a map of the world on his bedroom wall) :)

We went to Brighton at the weekend and we practiced making Isaac's bottles on the cooker and it was easy so its just the sleeping arrangements now that I'm nervous about. We have proper heating in the van that Jarrod installed so keeping him warm won't be a problem at night time.

I'm not keen on ever taking him on a package holiday to somewhere like spain because of the lager louts lol

Would love to hear what your thoughts are on holidays.

speak soon

Lou :)

i am going away this weekend to cromer in a cottage this weekend!!

in july me and my family are taking braydon to france in a villa

in august we are hopefully going camping for a week

as long as he is warm safe and fed which i can see u making sure he is with all of them i dont see any problem with it

Blimey you're going to be busy!

Good on you. You make me feel like I am worrying about nothing lol
I think I just want to make sure that Isaac has the same level of comfort and hygiene that he has at home if you know what I mean?! But obviously that goes without saying because we all want that.

Jarrod wants to go away asap but I want to wait till Isaac is a bit bigger because I just think he needs his little bed and his bouncer and all the things he has at home just yet.

Lou :)

Hello

were not going anywhere as exciting as sarah but bernie and i go camping lots in the summer and she will be about 6 months by then and we will have a huge tent to fit her play pen in as long as they are safe and with you babies are fine going on holidays infact they will prob really enjoy them selves and take lots of pics!!!!!
Katrina

i took ethan to devon when he was just over 5 weeks old we stayed in a lodge over looking the sea and a castle we had a great time :lol:

looove going camping!!! wish we had a camper van, that would be cool

we last went in august last year - to celebrate being 3 months gone (disaster - boyf burst the air bed just as we were settling down for the night so had to sleep on deflated air bed on the floor :roll: grrrr! )

would definately be looking into it this year too - will obviously need a bigger tent tho! ( and new air bed!) would get one of those samsonite baby bubble bed thingies for baby ( they're about £50 but shud last til they're about 2- 2 1/2)

i'm the same as you lou - dont much fancy package hols to spain! beach & booze just not my thing i prefer holidays where i can say i've seen or done something BIG ! - like i've been to the top of the world trade centre, i've climbed sydney harbour bridge, i've been to the Grand Canyon, hope to take lo to these kinds of places too, but obviously when s/hes a bit older!

shamu

When I was backpacking, I met quite a few folk b/packing with young kids from 8 mths to 4 years old. Camping and Youth Hostelling.... sounds like fun to me!
Happy travels
Emilia xx

We're taking Matthew on hols to the algarve in Sept, so he'll be eight months by then, but we're in a villa and are going with family so lots of babysitters!

Were going on holiday in 10 days time to Budapest, were going for a week and staying in a hotel, the hotel providing a cot etc, and on the plane she can sit on my knee, and also in the taxi etc she will sit on my knee, other then that its only just like being at home, just going to take some planning of what to pack etc

weve looked into what nappies and baby food are available in Hungary ands its much the same, so were just taking some nappies etc, enough for travelling and first day.

i will let you know when we get back on how we managed lol alana is only 5 months when we go.

dunno if this helped you

xx

Sorry i couldnt help noticing sarah that your staying in cromer this weekend well its where i live!! Have you been here before??

We are going to Spain in June/July to La Manga. Damien will be 6 months old or so. MIL will be buying all thestuff we need for Damien including a cot out there and we are staying in their apartment. In-laws will be there too to help us adjust to holidays with a nipper. Can't wait - we need a holiday

we are going to center parks in july, takeing all 3 kids with us for a long weekend.

I was wondering about holidays too.
we have bought an apartment in Bulgaria (hence why were are always skint!!) It will be ready in july and we have to go inspect it before we pay final payment. Charlotte will only be 5 months. I was going to just send OH, but i too would love to see our new apartment, and it would be nice to hava aholiday whilst we were there since the accomodation would be free!!
Do you think 5 months is too young for the heat etc?
Also do you think 6 months is too young for camping in a tent?? Last year we went away most weekends camping with OH son and would love to go up to Staithes, whitby, sandsend and robin hoods bay. It can be pretty cold up there!
Any ideas?

i dont think its too early to take lo camping - when we were away last year, we met a fairly oldish couple, ( in theire late 60's ) who were asking us about the baby and told us thay took their first baby camping when he was 5 weeks old - an thats going back a fair while, when there wasnt such things as disposable nappies or throw away steri bottles etc!

would just take a bit more preperation and forward planning i think!

shamu

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back