Whats the one thing...

PippaJ

Reaction score
That you've bought for baby that you couldn't now live without or has been a godsend?

Mine is either a bumbo seat or her bouncer. Both were so useful keeping Evie entertained or taking her with me when busy at home.

What has everyone else found invaluable?

Ooooh really good question mine would probably be............

A really cheap 'hug me' bouncer from Toys R us - My LO loved it but hated the more expensive alternatives! This one was like £19 and he had a £50 M&P one at my mums which he really disliked! http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Safety/Bouncers-and-Rockers/Hug-Me-Bouncer(0028541)

And the other thing i couldnt have lived without was Metanium nappy rash cream, My son had really stubborn nappy rash which I had tried everything on! Any cream you can think of had failed to shift it, someone reccomended Metanium and it went over night!

xxx

A Cuddledry towell, I would recommend for a newborn for sure - I will be buying another one for bubs :)

My vibrating Travel cot/Bassinet. we used it in our bedroom until he was 4 months old and it was amazing, if he woke during the night a quick vibrate blast and away he went it also has a night light and plays music :)
This is it :

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-U...ur-Electra-Bassinet-in-I-Love-My-Bear(0073999)
8610177762330256.jpg

Last edited:
This is a good thread to get some ideas for us new moms! x

Thank you.

I thought it was a good idea so that everyone could share what they have found really to be invaluable for baby.

Come on ladies we need more replies :) xx

Great thread Pippa! :lol:

I didn't breast feed , but used powdered formula milk instead
So I just took sterilised bottles of water around with me, and used this powered container (holds 3 lots of premeasured out milk forumula , you just turn the lid with a hole in it to the next one, open the lid and tip into your bottle of water , seal bottle and shake!!! I used the avent one back in 2001! shown in the picture, but there are lots out there now it's caught on.

You can even take the bottles in a cool bag to keep the water warm, and ready for use, not need to worry about milk going off or wasting made up milk.

Mine kids were all quite happy with non heated water (they didn't know any different!!). Like breastfeeding , this way in the night , you don't need to leave the bed, just grab the cooled water bottle and the tub from the bedside table, mix and shake!!

I couldn't recomend this enough for any one who formula feeds at any point.

Attachments

• Avent power dispenser.jpg
    Avent power dispenser.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 47
Some good stuff girls.

I like the milk container JJ. A baby at Evie's nursery has one, I only know because they put it in Evie's bag by mistake so we brought it home, when I saw it I thought it was great. We have the Tommee Tippee ones which are ok but only hold enough milk for 5oz and the lids fall off too easily.

I also must recommend Grobags. Evie has used one since being in her cot at 6 months old. No hassle with blankets or sheets and you've not got the worry of them sliding down under the covers. Great idea.

our vibrating bouncy chair has been the best thing! both of the girls have used it for day time naps and its great for when they're in a mood and you're trying to eat your tea :lol: and the grobags, i love them! i didnt like it when ella was really small, but she's always in it now, and katie was before her op aswell!

We used the TT milk powder pots too. I really rate them. AJ only takes 7oz (yup we still use them!) and can fit the 7 scoops in.

I also like highchairs that recline, good for LO's who fall asleep in thier lunch. We have the I Love My Bear one, its chunky but good.

EDIT: I meant he takes 8oz so 8 scoops in a pot. Also manage to get 8 in the advent too.

Last edited:
Couldn't have done without my Moby wrap :)

Claire Bear - re the avent milk pots- that explains why we never grew out of them, none of my kids ever took more than 7 oz !!!

Oh and another must have for new mums is a travel baby change mat , for laying down on the floor where ever you are and stowing back in your bag as they are very small!

Last edited:
The little formula dispensers are ace so you don't have to carry tins of milk around when out for the day :)

A little nose plunger for snot (invaluble)

Thermometer

We used the TT milk powder pots too. I really rate them. AJ only takes 7oz (yup we still use them!) and can fit the 7 scoops in.

I also like highchairs that recline, good for LO's who fall asleep in thier lunch. We have the I Love My Bear one, its chunky but good.

EDIT: I meant he takes 8oz so 8 scoops in a pot. Also manage to get 8 in the advent too.

You must have different ones to me as there is no way I could get 8 scoops in the ones we have - our's are the single pots that are supposed to fit inside the bottles? I also have to put gaviscon in Evie's milk as she suffers from reflux, but even with that taken out I don't think I could get another 3 scoops in

The little formula dispensers are ace so you don't have to carry tins of milk around when out for the day :)

A little nose plunger for snot (invaluble)

Thermometer

Ah yes the nose plunger for when they have a cold. Brilliant invention yet so simple!

You must have different ones to me as there is no way I could get 8 scoops in the ones we have - our's are the single pots that are supposed to fit inside the bottles? I also have to put gaviscon in Evie's milk as she suffers from reflux, but even with that taken out I don't think I could get another 3 scoops in

Nope, sounds like the same ones. Put 6 scoops in and bash it on the bench, the powder compacts and the bash it after every scoop. I then pop the lid on and bash the lid on too, just to make sure!! :lol:

I never rated the Avent one, the powder kept going between the clear pot and the blue divider :wall2:

I've managed 9 but it wasn't easy!! :wall2:

Fair play girlie!! I'll see in the morning how many I can get in then (you watch I'll end up spilling it everywhere now) :)

i get 7scoops in the TTone! if i take out a bigger bottle tho, i just put a couple of scoops in another pot! i'm sure i could get 8 in if i tried tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back