Have had one of those days....

laracomps

Reaction score
Where I want to tear my hair out! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Phoebe has been screaming ALL day. Hysterically.

We were out having coffee with a friend, she was good as gold. Then half hour after that it started. She'd managed to drop both dummies I had with me on the floor / mothercare's changing mat, even though we have a soother saver! So then the screaming started.

Eventually took her into Costa to try and feed her even though it hadn't even been 3 hours, ordered drink and paid with finger in her gob. Asked for a mug of just boiling water so I could steralise a dummy - but no they are not allowed. Whats the bloody difference between that and my coffee?!?!?! She was screaming so much that it took 15 mins to make her bottle in between pacifying her every ten seconds. Everyone was staring at me.

So she was fed, fell asleep at the end. Went to put her in the buggy, the screaming started again. Mum came and met me at this point and decided to try and settle her outside while I had my drink - ten mins later she came back in, and she was still screaming.

All I can say is thank the Lord for Milton wipes! But by this point dummy didn't settle her either.

She just refuses to sleep some days, it is so so exhausting and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I am wondering if teething is making it worse, she wants her dummy but as soon as I give it to her she either chews it or pulls it out so she can chew her fingers.

Sorry about the long message, just wanted a bit of a rant to be honest to people who understand!!!!!

Daniels been very wingey recently and I am sure that it's due to him teething, even though teeth haven't appeared yet. He chews his dummy and is constantly sucking his fingers, also dribbling a lot more. Have you tried using something on her gums? Bonjela seems to helping Dan...I am going to start using the teething neckless too. He's wingeing with daddy as we speak!

Hope you are ok :hug:

:hug: I TOTALLY understand :hug:

By the way, have you really only done 415 posts? You seem to have been around a lot more than that!!

Ooh baby monitor noise! Nooooo! Go to sleeeeep Connie!!!

Sounds familiar here too hun! Becky constantly has her fist in her gob at the moment. I had her front facing in the baby carrier today and she was nom nomming on that. I gently stroked her chin with a finger when we were playing, she grabbed it and started chewing that! Some days are just a nightmare with her fighting sleep, too.

Have you tried a teething necklace? I think I might. Sorry I'm not much help but it's good to know we're not alone with this phase! :hug:

debecca said:
:hug: I TOTALLY understand :hug:

By the way, have you really only done 415 posts? You seem to have been around a lot more than that!!

Ooh baby monitor noise! Nooooo! Go to sleeeeep Connie!!!

yep I really have only done 415 :) I only joined a month before she was born! Silly me.

Feel totally knackered. Over emotional. Hips / pelvis is killing. Still haven't had AF even tho I keep feeling like its gonna come. Just having one of those days where you need to have a bit of a cry I think! Then pick yourself up and keep going... Not done so yet. Think Toby would think I was mad. Gonna have a bath I think, maybe that will help.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Isn't it interesting that one day goes really well and then the next doesn't???

LO sometimes falls asleep ok only to wake up 10 minutes later, and doesn't want to go back to sleep or stay in her pram. Luckily she has so far been quite light on crying (but only if I take her out of the pram)...

How are you feeling today hun?

Connie has decided to become a real tart and has been grinning and chatting all morning to total strangers. It's getting embarrassing because she's trying to 'join in' adult conversations by shouting loudly and imitating people (who I don't know).

Well I've had another very similar day I'm afraid :( She just suddenly flipped as I entered next (trying to get her some shorts as its so bloody hot) - so I walked straight through to go out the other side, by the time we go there she was screaming so much she could hardly breathe. Yet again everyone, and I really do mean EVERYone was staring. I ended up having to walk round with her in my arms again.

Not only that I've been awake since 5 with her. Only just got her to sleep. I am floating around today like its a dream.

Will msg you on FB when I get a bit more time.

Thanks for thinking about me :hug:

Urk, sympathies here too. Sprog's one who won't sleep during the day, and has a tremendous set of lungs on him. He'll use dummy or hands occasionally, but sometimes he just wants to scream - usually either when our bloody ignorant neighbours are in (who try to drown him out with insanely loud, crap music) or when we're in the middle of town.

We've just been away for a fortnight, and while on holiday in France I noticed the complete difference - when Sprog cried over there noone batted an eyelid. If he does it here, we get stared at as if we're committing child abuse, glared at for the level of noise, or people coming over to "give advice" or "sympathise" with Sprog - "aaw, aren't you getting cuddles/are you hungry/what's wrong". Grr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back