Whats going on?!

jayk

Reaction score
Hi

My girfriend did a pregnancy test thursday just gone (see earlier post) and it came back as positive. We've since done 5 more tests which have all come back as negative (all using different test makes). She's not due her period until tuesday (25th) so we know its not 100% accurate to test at this stage. However, she's just done another test this morning with the early predictor test and its still negative. Now we're lost and don't know what to think! I would assume that once a test was positive it would stay that way?? Any help appreciated!

Give it a few more days then try again it's best if she does it first thing in the morning, a pregnancy test will not show a false positive but will show a false negative this is because you have to have the hormone HCG present for the result to be positive.

Good luck let us know how it goes :)

My wife tested positive 4 days before her period, BUT, it was the faintest line ever. It was virtually impossible to see it, so I didn't really believe it.

We tested agian 2 days later and sure enough the line was stronger.

On top of this, dependant on the kit you use, willl depend on its ability to test early or not.

Go buy a clearblue test kit, but avoid the digital one (nothing on packet to indicate early testing), as they seem to have high success rate for accurate results before the period due date

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back