Am I pregnant?

angel505

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm confused !
My period is late (although dates could be inaccurate) and I had sickness/nausea for a week, dry skin, white discharge (no odour, no pain) and the smell of food is annoying me !

I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive (faint pink line next to bold pink line) and then using the same urine sample took another test with a different make and that one was negative !

I understand that the different tests have different levels of sensitivity, but which test do I believe?

Your thoughts would be much appriciated. Its easter weekend so I can't see a doctor until Tuesday now... :cry:

Angel505

A positive no matter how faint or what brand is still a positive. The one that came up positive was prolly more sensative then the one that came up negative.

I have to agree with the other comment ... faint line no matter the color is a positive hcg level ... next week see your doctor to determine how far along you are.
Congratulations and best of luck to you!! :)

hi there,

i'm going to test again on Monday morning, just to be sure, but am proceeding as if I am pregnant.
Thanks so much for your comments.

:D

hi,

the negative test that i did yesterday turned positive last night (that took a few hours). Is that possible? Its faint, but theres definately a dot there now!
:eek:

Hi there Angel ...

Though you think you may be pregnant, and I am hoping you are ... you CAN NOT read the results of a pregnancy test AFTER 15 minutes. It could be a false positive or a false negative result.

My suggestion is to wait 24 hours and use first morning urine and test with the First Response test, which has the number one rate of earliest detection. It can pick up results as early as 3 days BEFORE a missed period ... depends on the individual.

I am 37y ... 3 wonderful kids 10y,7y, and 5y ... I am 3 weeks pregnant since ovualation and 5 weeks since last period (assumed period - I haven't had a period since Dec. 10th 2004, but tested negative in February) my cycles are very irregular, Anyhow ... I am excited and scared to death.

I ovulated on March 3-6th, I think I conceived on the 3rd, 6th or 7th.

On Tuesday March 15th I did a pregnancy test and it was negative. On March 18th, Friday evening, I did another pregnancy test and had a very faint pink line. I took a third test (All were First Response) on Saturday afternoon and also had a faint pink line ... no real increase. But on Sunday, March 20th I used the EPT test with first morning urine, and it read "pregnant" in 2 minutes. I too was excited and just kep testing. You can spend the money, or wait 2-3 days and be sure.

I went to the Doctor Monday 3/21 and blood labs confirmed pregnancy, at 3 weeks post ovualtion. My Hcg level was 149 ... on 3/24 Thursday my Hcg level was 286 ... which is OK, but I was hoping for a higher number. I am going for labs again on Monday. Please say a prayer for me ... I really want this pregnancy.

I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in Nov 2002 and a blighted ovum (empty sac) in Oct 2003... I had to have a D and C for both. That first miscarriage was very tough .. but, the empty sac was easier to get through, because I wasn't even really pregnant.

I have always wanted 4-5 kids and felt I'd have a big family. I am VERY GREATFUL for my family ... but, I have a saddness in my heart because I wanted another baby soooo bad. I really didn't think my child bearing years would end with 2 miscarriages. I have always tried to have hope ... and prayed I wouldn't get pregnant unless God knew I 'd have a healthy pregngnacy. Therefore, I want to beleive all will be right with this one. Because I truly do want this baby. Now I have been blessed. ... I need to stop "stressing" and be excited! I can't wait for my first trimester to be over. Then I can truly relax!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rambling on ... this forum is great for venting your feelings.

I wish you all the best ... God Bless! Keep in Touch!

Best of luck! :

hi

sorry its taken a while for me to reply... i've been crazy trying to get my life in some sort of order !

i've now done 3 tests and they all came up positive. so i'm pretty sure i'm pregnant ! :D

Sounds like you've been through quite a bit in the past few years, it must have been tough. Good luck with this pregnancy, and take care.

and yes, it is a good place for getting those feelings out, perhaps i'll have much more to say for myself in the coming months !

Congratualtions!! Many blessings to you and baby!
Let's keep in touch ... I think we are on a similar schedule.

Tomorrow I go for my labs to confirm all is going well. Say a prayer for me and I'll check in soon. Take Care and Congrats again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back