Whats going on?!

jayk

Reaction score
Hi

My girfriend did a pregnancy test wednesday just gone and it came back as positive. We've since done 5 more tests which have all come back as negative (all using different test makes). She's not due her period until tuesday (25th) so we know its not 100% accurate to test at this stage. However, she's just done another test this morning with the early predictor test and its still negative. Now we're lost and don't know what to think! I would assume that once a test was positive it would stay that way?? Any help appreciated!

Hi jayk

Really hard to answer this. I know false positive is possible but I'm a little unsure how that pans out.

I found this site really cool - www.peeonastick.com Lots of information on pregnancy tests.

What was the first test you used that gave you a postive result?

I would advise you both to stay calm & maybe test closer to her due period date.

Wobbles x

Thanks for the info! Yes it was the first test and we used a hopsital test kit (g/f is a nurse). Then we bought a clear blue and predictor kit and both came back as negative. Both tests were done in the morning.

Maybe she would get a clearer picture talking to one of the nurses from the early pregnancy unit if she works in the hospital? :D

I'd check what level of hormones can be detected with each test are. You might find the hospital test is more sensitive than the others you tried.

Wobbles is right though, it's best to wait until your period is actually due before testing simply because there will be a higher level of hormones then if she is PG.

Good luck!

Helen

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111