What's going on?!?

Leah04x

Reaction score
Over the past week or so, Ethan's sleeping has been horrendous, well it's mainly getting him to sleep in the first place but he has woken up a couple of times in the night.

It's taking me anything up to 2hrs to settle him to sleep! This 2hrs consists of crying, rolling round his cot, sitting up & then face planting his mattress, standing up at his cot & shouting to me. I thought teething was the culprit but the usual Ashton & parsons and nurofen doesn't make a blind bit of difference.

He's also turned into a milk monster! As some of you know, Ethan has never been a fan of milk and I've struggled to get him to have much on a daily basis. Now he can't get enough! Tonight for example, he demolished a 7oz bottle at 7pm. After an hour of kicking up in his cot, I tried making him another bottle as I couldn't settle him, so made him a small 4oz bottle thinking he would refuse it and he drank the whole thing! - 11oz within an hour!!
He also won't let me hold him to feed him a bottle. In my arms he'll completely refuse it, lay him down in his cot leaning over to feed him and he has it all :S

I'm not sure if the problem is that he's not having enough sleep in the day? He had a nap at around 10:30am and usually sleeps until 12:30pm but then that's him for the day. I would say he's ready for another nap after his dinner (5pm) but then he won't sleep until gone 9pm. I've tried putting him down for a nap earlier in the afternoon and he won't sleep.

He's also been really fussy with his food, which is so unlike him. One day he likes something, then the next he hates it! Most things get chucked on the floor too. I know food is for fun before 1 but its just that its not like him to be like this.

What do you reckon girls? Teething? Or has someone come and swapped my lovely little boy for a monster child?!?!??

Leap?! How old is he???

Sometimes I let B have a late nap then bed at 9, over tired babies are a nightmare! But today she slept 10:30/12:30 and nothing again until bed at 8:30!!! B is also drinking lots and eating loads and she's smack bang in the middle of a leap!

Another thing is they are so busy in the day it's harder to wind down at night, maybe try having as little excitement after 6pm as possible??? X

Leap?! How old is he???

Sometimes I let B have a late nap then bed at 9, over tired babies are a nightmare! But today she slept 10:30/12:30 and nothing again until bed at 8:30!!! B is also drinking lots and eating loads and she's smack bang in the middle of a leap!

Another thing is they are so busy in the day it's harder to wind down at night, maybe try having as little excitement after 6pm as possible??? X

He's 10.5 months. According to wonder weeks, he's just come out of a leap and due another one in about a months time. He's been like this for about a month, but bareable, it's this past week he's been a nightmare! If it is a leap, lets hope it's the end of it!!

He doesn't do anything exciting after 6pm - bath at 6:15, bottle at 6:45 and bed at 7. Sometimes he's in bed for 6:30 if he's overly grumpy/showing signs of tiredness xx

We had this for a while, I just gave up trying to put her to bed at 7 as I battled for an hour to get her to settle. I put her to bed at 8 instead until the phase passed. I haven't had her wanting more milk tho. Maybe he's feeling poorly, sometimes they want more milk then xx

I'll be stalking as my lo is doing something similar. Ages to settle then wakes up foe a couple of hours. Some nights he'll take a bottle so i figure he is thirsty as its hot, but it doesnt settle him. Teething potions aplenty too. X

Cam is like this at bedtime. He's got seperation anxiety and goes mad when i leave the room. I've made hubby take over bedtime as I really struggle with it.

Not sure on the milk though, growth spurt maybe? Thirsty from the heat?

XX

Cam is like this at bedtime. He's got seperation anxiety and goes mad when i leave the room. I've made hubby take over bedtime as I really struggle with it.

Not sure on the milk though, growth spurt maybe? Thirsty from the heat?

XX

Maybe a growth spurt?! He used to be so good at self settling but it all seems to have gone tits up lol. I wish I could leave OH to do it, but it was no good when he tried last night. OH picked him up from his cot and he carried on crying until I walked into the room and then he went quiet straight away and put his arms out to me! So maybe it's a bit of separation anxiety?

His nappies have been horrendous over the past few days and he's constantly got his fingers in the sides of his mouth, so I think we may have more toothypegs on the way too!

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back