How to get LO to fall asleep on his own without cio?

*Star*

Reaction score
at the moment he goes to sleep with his bottle, and if he wakes up during the night then the ony way to settle him is to give him a little more milk.

i really want to get him to settle on his own so i can cuddle him while he has his milk, clean his teeth then let him fall asleep in his cot.

i dont want to cio.

any ideas anyone?

Lydia was exactly the same. Unfortunately it lasted a long time.

When she was 2, we stopped putting milk in her bottle and told her she would have water instead, which she accepted.

Just a few days ago we dropped the bottle altogether (on account of trying to potty train her - the bottle was making her pee through her nappy and all over the bed every night). It was a rough couple of nights as she got used to going to sleep 'solo', but she's okay now.

So I have no suggestions as to how you're going to get your young son to stop having nightly milk, because we never managed with Lydia at such a young age.
Alex is just the same only with breastmilk - he uses my boob as a comforter to get him to sleep, and wakes in the night wanting to suckle on it - no idea how I'm going to wean him off me!

Thanks Nat.
We were the same with my eldest. In the end he still had his milk, but I changed it to chocolate milk (just plain hot chocolate) which he had to have in a cup and he could have a story to go to sleep with.

obviously he was older than and could understand. Oliver is a while off that yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back