What's everyone doing over the Festive period?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
This is two fold:

1. What are you actually doing over Christmas, non-TTC related?

2. TTC-related; what is everyone doing re drinking etc if they don't get a November BFP? Hubby and I were just talking and I don't know if I can cope with my family (and his) without a drink, plus all the Christmas do's and parties etc... Only so many times you can say "I'm on anti-biotics" or "Oh, I'm driving..." without sounding like a party pooper!

Would much rather keep trying for my BFP but Christmas without a drink... gulp! And knowing my luck I won't even get preggo til next year...

Thoughts?

x

hey Jenny

Me and OH are just having the usual xmas, spend time with both of our families, nothing very exciting!

As for TTC well i'm due to test week before xmas so if i don't get bfp then i wont ovulate till after xmas so i will prob have a couple of drinks xmas but not go over the top! as for xmas parties! i am just gonna do the "i'm driving tonight" thing. would be nice to just relax and not ttc but i would be miserable if i did that :(

I'm a bit annoyed because I've got two cycles over the Christmas period, for the first week & a bit I'll be in the 2ww so won't be drinking then will be Oving around Christmas so will be in the 2ww for New Year! Typical.

I think I'll carry on doing what I've been doing for this cycle but then I'll relax a bit for the next one because it'll be difficult doing OPKs with all the family round & going visiting.

I don't normally drink much but when I'm out I do like to enjoy myself. Can't use the driving one as an excuse but sometimes I'll say I'm not drinking because OH is driving & I'm not drinking out of sympathy :lol:

We're staying with my family all day on Christmas day then going to OH's parents for Boxing day because we did it the other way round last year. Christmas Eve is our first wedding anniversary so I think we might be going out for a meal & I've just realised that'll be around Ov day so I'll be wanting to take advantage of that. Lol

I'm spending the day with my wonderful husband because it's our first Christmas as husband and wife. Spending the day after Boxing Day with my parents and possibly Christmas Eve or something with OH's family.

As for TTC... No idea as I'm CD55 and no sign of AF or BFP so....*Shrugs* x x

We r going to my parents as normal can't wait! Eeek
I don't drink anyhoo so I don't have to worry about that

Oh I forgot about the drinks!! Well hopefully I'll know before Xmas if I can drink or not. :) x

Hi Girls!

Well so far I'm planning to have Xmas and New Year off TTC if I don't get a November BFP, but there's no sign of OV yet this cycle so if I end up back on my usual CD25 OV instead of the random cycle I had last month December's cycle I won't OV until after new year anyway so I might as well carry on as usual.

I'm going to have Xmas Day at mine with both our Family's so really looking forward to that!

If I'm not preggers after Xmas then we might take advantage and go away somewhere nice.

xx

We are planning on going to my family this xmas, much to the distress of hubby who wants to go to his but we had a deal - I went to his last year :)

It's a bit awkward though because my sister and nephew like to go to my parents but her partner is scum so he won't show his face around me so she has to choose...

I'm like Maybe, if I don't catch this cycle I'm taking a leave of absence - might pop on to update you ladies and check the BFPs but that's it - not sure I'll be able to cope with discussing what doesn't apply to me.

As for drinking, I do drink but I don't enjoy drinking too much so maybe a glass with dinner depending on who is doing the driving :)

Last edited:
I keep on thinking I'll stay away from here, but I don't seem to be able to to help myself. I normally end up going a bit quiet when AF shows up but then I can't seem to leave the place when I'm in my 2ww. :lol:

I took a break once before and it was pretty chilled, it was actually coming back when i ran out of things to do that was the hard bit because the TTC section has a really quick turnover and i hardly knew anyone again :shock:

I'd expect at least half of the regulars to be gone come Feb when i might hope to start IVF :)

I know how you feel. I took a bit of a break during the summer and when I came back there were loads of new people. I'd not been that active before I went so I didn't feel like I could talk to the familiar faces because they were all pregnant & getting settled into tri 1/2.

Almost went away again but glad I stayed, can't think of a nicer bunch to be stuck here with. ;)

I'm working Xmas day so no drinking for me would be could to have a break from TTC

Hmm well last year we spent Christmas Day with my Family and Boxing Day with OH's so we are haign to switch this year... :roll: Wish we didnt have to, I find his Mum very erm... taxing :oooo:

But that will only be for around 6 hrs of each day then we are going to spend the rest of the time just us and our beautiful bun buns! :) :love:

Drinking wise... well lucky for us everyone knows we are TTC so will not have to make up any excuses.
I should be able to do my first test of December in the first week, then will actually probably be due to test again 27th if I do not get a BFP the first week! I may allow myself to one glass of something over Christmas as I have been T Total since starting to try. :roll:

Last edited:
We are going to my family on christmas day then doing it all again with his family on boxing day.

It will be just after the 2WW so i'm really hoping we can tell our parents the good news on xmas day or if it's bad news i can get half cut and enjoy it

im spending it with my sister, well having dinner with her and her boys it wil be the first year i havent gone to my mums for christmas dinner :(
well im due to test on the 14th so ill know by crimbo but i also think im ovulating just after crimbo so no new years drink for me and its OH bday new years eve :( dunno wot my excuse will be lol ill have to be ill or something :p

Hope noone thinks I'm an alchy... I don't even drink that much (anymore...)
Just think I might need 47 Baileys to deal with my MIL - and my own Mother for that fact...

well...i have ovulated today <smiley result on OPK and pains to confirm!!) so i will be able to test on around the 1st December.....fingers crossed..

If it's a BFN, I will ovulate around the 13th/14th December...so it's proper awkward...cos i won't be able to test again til the 28th!!!

My OH is originally from Bristol...we only been togeth for just under 2 years...last year we stayed up with my parents but this year we are going to Bristol...at age 34, it will be my first ever xmas day without my mum and dad...... :(

xx

We've got the mother in law here for Christmas. My parents and Aunt on Boxing day, and a big family party on NYE.

AF is due Christmas Eve, so if there's no sign, am going to test and hopefully give OH best present ever.

As for drinking, OH doesn't drive and so it is always my excuse, but I've not had a drop of wine since my implant was removed, it's the same thing with food, am making sure I don't eat anything that should be avoided when pregnant. I lost a baby three years ago, and am absolutely petrified of doing something I shouldn't before realising that I'm expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back