Advice please!!!!

mississippi28

Reaction score
Right abit about me first:
I am 28 years old and I am on my last packet of pills (microgynon 30) then I am letting fate decide on what happens next. My partner and I feel that we would both be happy if I fell pregnant. I have been taking folic acid for 2 weeks now. I am healthy and as fit as can be.
I finish my pill on the 7th June. I know that it could happen straight away or it may take a good few months for the pill to come out of my system. I have a holiday in mid july, would it be likely to have a period by then or could it take a while? just would like other peoples views as I am going on holiday in mid July and I dont want to be on my period...but also dont want to carry on taking the pill (abit of a catch 22) but i have syked myself for it now so want to stick to it. so basically what am asking is...is it likely that i could get my period on hoilday in mid July??
Thanks in advance x

Well if you take your last pill on 7th June you will prob have your normal withdrawal bleed soon after. But I guess it depends on what your normal cycle would be after that to whether you'll be on your period mid July. It took me four months to get my first natural period after my withdrawal bleed once I stopped the pill x

Last edited:
Thank you. I have been on the pill for 10 years so cant really remember my cycle before...But I seem to remember I was regular and had no problems. I will just have to take the risk and hope I dont have my period on hol. x

Like others said, you will probably get a withdrawal bleed as normal and then you really can't tell how long it will be before your 'normal' cycle returns......I was on microgynon when I wanted to ttc my first baby, and I came off april, had withdrawal bleed and then my normal period 31 days after and bfp on 3rd cycle off. same happened when I ttc my 2nd baby - was on cerazette this time, but still got cycles straight back and bfp 3rd cycle.

Would it be so bad to have your af on holiday? if it means you get your cycles back quicker and pregnant quicker? I guess if you are really bad with your af and it would interfere too much with your holiday plans....also what if you get pregnant straight away before having your period - you could be pregnant on holiday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back