What would happen if I got pg again now?

Amanda

Reaction score
Not that I'm planning it quite yet, so don't all panic!! :shock:

But what would happen if I did? I know they do advise you to wait a year after having a section because of the risk of rupturing the internal scar. Actually - I've only ever seen that advise on this forum. :? None of the mw's or docs said anything to me. I know I've not had my 6 weeks check yet, and this is where they talk about contraception, but 6 weeks is a long time to go without this vital bit of info! :shock:

We've been very lucky and got back to a very healthy sex life more or less immediately, but we're using condoms and I know they are not foolproof. I eventually want the coil fitted again, but obviously want to wait until after I have another baby. I don't want to go on the pill (bad reactions previously), and so condoms are about the only other temporary option. But if we use a condom every day for a year until it's safe for me to get pg again, chances are that something will go wrong. So what would happen then?

Have any of you had a section then gone on to have get pg again within the year?

I assume this sex every day for a year thing was theoretical :shock:

Seriously though, i dont think it would do your tummy any good as your internal stitchs and bits wont be healed properly. Your spd might need time to heal as well. Im no expert though and this was just based on what ive heard through the grapevine.

I didnt realise you wanted another so soon, thats lovely. :D

lauramumof2 said:
I assume this sex every day for a year thing was theoretical :shock:

Erm... no. :shock: It's actually 2-3 times a day at the minute!! Making up for lost months when my SPD was so bad I couldn't do it!!! :oops: :rotfl:

My SPD has disappeared completely so I'm not bothered at all about that. I know it was agony, but if it comes back when I am pg again, so be it. It will probably be 10 times worse, and earlier, but even a full 9 months of pain will be worth it.

It's just going to have to be the case of hoping the condoms do the trick for the next year. :pray:

what about the implanon?? thats safe to use BF and can be fitted str8 away(i got mine 3 weeks post natal) and wen its removed they say u can try str8away(tho is better 2 have 1st AF so u no wen ur due lol)

tankett said:
Erm... no. It's actually 2-3 times a day at the minute!! Making up for lost months when my SPD was so bad I couldn't do it!!!

:shock: bloody hell girl - what are you on? We didn't manage that many when we were TTC!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hiya, I have as k this before and never got any answer! I am just using condoms and worry I will pop open if I do get pregnant.

jadie

But my mum had me and my sister close together after a section!

Yvanne said:
what about the implanon?? thats safe to use BF and can be fitted str8 away(i got mine 3 weeks post natal) and wen its removed they say u can try str8away(tho is better 2 have 1st AF so u no wen ur due lol)

I had the injection after having Kayleigh and that uses the same stuff as the implants, but I put on 3 stone in 2 months, so that's a no no.

My doctor told me its best to wait 2 years before having another as it takes so much out of your body & bruises evrything inside & takes ages to get back to normal.

I know my insides are still a bit battered, especially at the time of the month coz it feels very tender in there.

I can't believe you're so busy in the bedroom :shock: we haven't done it once yet :lol: tried, but it hurt so much he's gotta wait a very long time before I pluck up the courage again :rotfl:

Oh was going to say (but forgot duh!!) your'e so lucky your SPD has gone, mine is still playing up, a hell of lot better than it was but its still lingering :(
Have you done anything to help it get better at all or did it just go on its own?

I'm impressed, where the heck do you get the energy from?!

You're only as young as the man that you feel, eh Tankett? :wink:

good god..i can let oh see that or he'd be well jealous!!
i still feel battered i can tolerate a few cuddles but no way would i be able to go 2-3 times a day..your a hero!

I think you would be monitored very closely if you got pregnant again so soon after a section but there are plenty of people who get pregnant way before a year after a c section and are fine. Look at Britney Spears, two babies in a year and both by section.

I just thought I would update you on the conversation I had with my GP at my 6 weeks check. I asked her the question about how long I would need to wait before getting pg again, and she said 6 weeks! :shock:

She said that everything would be healing inside, and by the time the baby got big enough to start pushing against the wound, it would have healed perfectly! I said that I had read somewhere that we should wait a year, and she said that was nonsense! :shock:

And the SPD will either come back, or not. It won't matter how long we leave it in between pregnancies - if I'm going to get it, then I'm going to get it. :roll:

so when u trying again then u crazy crazy lady!!! hehe xxx

i found this online hun, hope it helps

How long after a caesarean should I wait before having another baby?

The gap that you should have between your last pregnancy and the next is your decision, although there is evidence that the uterine scar does become stronger over time. Research has looked at different gaps between pregnancies from those grouped as "less than 6 months" up to those grouped as "longer than 2 years". The risk of uterine rupture or of the scar separating remains small even with small intervals, but gaps of less than 6 months had the highest risk.

However, the risks are tiny in all cases and most mothers who go on to have a small gap between pregnancies do not encounter problems. Despite research showing slightly higher scar separation rates when inter-pregnancy gap is shorter, it can still be argued that a VBAC is the safer choice.

Child spacing is a very personal decision, which is far more complex than consideration of caesarean scar rupture statistics. It is your decision to make and factors such as your age, how easily you are likely to conceive, your general level of health, and how ready you feel to start another pregnancy, are all likely to be important to you in making that decision.

There are plenty of women who have had perfectly straightforward vaginal deliveries when the gap between pregnancies has been very short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back