VBAC

CoreysMummy

Reaction score
Hello fello mums...

I had to have an emergency C section with my 1st, I was wondering who has had a vaginal delivery after cesarian? How did it go? Was it quick, or drawn out like a 1st delivery would be...

What are the risks that you know of... or would you just have another section.

Im not thinking of poping out another one just yet, but, in about a year.

Maybe with a toddler it would be easyer to just have abooked c-section for childminding etc.

oh i know i know! someone off here my minds gone blank tho cant remember who :doh:
ill go find out now this will bug me until i do!
back in a minute...

Jade&Evie said:
paradysso?

maybe?

YES YES! paradysso is whom i was thinking of jade u beautiful gal u! lol i had a total mind-block i knew the name began with P but couldnt remember that was doing my head in! *exhales*!

I was offered a VBAC with George and that is what I was going to have up till 40+ weeks pregnant when it was found that he just didn't want to come out. I considered having an induction but was told I'd only be given a "trial of labour" for up to 8 hours and then would have to have a section anyway. The consultant told me it was a risk to have a labour on an existing section scar. Even though I had a long gap in between my first and second it was still a risk the scar could rupture. So I opted for the section. Better the devil you know I thought.

It turned out fine and I know next time (if I'm lucky enough to have another baby) I will HAVE to have a CS.. but that's fine by me. So long as the baby is healthy that's all that matters. :D

I had an emergency section with Lucy. I've been told that this time I have good chances to have a vaginal delivery but that I'll have an appointment at the hospital with a consultant who will cover my options for delivery. They will weigh up the reasons for my previous section along with my general pregnancy health and tell me what they think is realistic.

What I discovered is that you can have what they call a De-brief about your labour where you sit with a doctor and go through your labour notes and they explain what happened and why the decisions were made. This was useful for me because of the way my section came about.
It seems it was just a combination of circumstances and that no one thing meant I needed the section, therefore there's no reason I can't attempt vaginal delivery this time.

I'm hoping that nothing in this pregnancy changes that as I would prefer not to have a section again.

I had a VBAC with Jordan. He was 10 days overdue so had to be induced. I had the gel at about 10am and I had him at 7.24pm. I was having contractions from maybe 3hrs after the gel and managed to get to fully dialated with no pain relief, then just G&A until he was born. I had to be cut but also tore, had loads of stitches (can't remember how many) and also had killer piles :shock:

ohh yes it was me....my first baby was a section after a failed induction, plus Alana was back to back and not budging...

i was ment to be having another section more so coz my wound ruptured a month after my section from a severe infection.

but i decided if i went into labour before 41 weeks i would give it a go.( i was warned i would be strapped to monitor at all times and prepped ready for a quick dash to theatre should they come across any problems.

it did make labour more painful being on my back throughout, especially as harriet went back to back too.

but it was also the best decision i ever made, i luckily went into labour at 39 weeks. my waters went at 8pm by 3am i was in agony contractions about 3 minutes apart so went to hospital and had only gas and air and gave birth at about 8am.

i suffered a graze and 2 torn labias that healed within 4/5 days and i cant wait to give birth again, next time were planning a home birth in a pool now i know i can do it.

i dont know if it helped but i stayed alot more active this pregnancy and stayed at work far longer, i also used homeopathic remedies to try and induce labour.

if you got any questions pm me if you want. all i can say it was the best experience of my life and made a huge difference.i was back home the same day, driving within a week and was so great to be able to care for my toddler as well as newborn.

Yeah I forgot to add that although with the piles I couldn't sit comfy for a few days but he recovery is no where near as long as with a section.

Did you have to stay on your back through out paradysso? They let me get on all fours. I wasn't pushing properly at one point because I was paranoid I would poo :oops: and they said if I didn't start to push soon they would have to give me a section. Needless to say I started to push like a mad woman hence the piles lol.

no i had to stay on my back all the way through. that bloody hurt :wall: i had drip in my hand and them straps around my belly so they wouldnt let me move :cry:

i was paranoid about pooing so refused to push, but then thought f**k it and pushed with all my might and shot baby out onto bed and still poo'd :rotfl: oh well the pain all stopped so i didnt care :cheer:

I've just given birth to my 2nd as a VBAC.

First labour was 37 hours ending in emergency c-section, as I didn't get beyond 9cm.

This labour was just under 5 hours start to finish! Little man couldn't wait to get here! :) Had to have an episiotomy, though, but it's much easier to deal with than a c-section. Also had to have a drip in for antibiotics, but overall it was much better.

I had a VBAC, no problems. first boy was emergency C Section because he was big and breech. There is two 1/2 years between them, they said they would have to monitor my scar (So water birth is out of the question) They never did, by the time I complained that it was hurting they took me down and 55 min later I had my 8lb second boy! Unable to have drugs (only gas and air) and I had a third degree tear (From hole to hole!) never felt it happen so don't feel to bad, I was longer getting stitched up. If i have anymore I either have to have a c section or be cut down below firsts. But glad I got to push, toltally different experience. Just what I wanted.

Scar itched for the first few months of pregnancy but never bothered me after that.

Thank you so much for all the replies...!

I know my midwife is kean to try a vbac with my next, she is also going give me a late scan to check the babys actualy head down, as no one noticed last time that he was breach until I was in labour.

If I did, I would want to be as active as possible, as that was always the plan, and with having a toddler, the quicker recovery would be much better.

It just seems, better the devil I know, instead of going thru all that, to just end up with a section anyway for some reason.. eakk.

I found all that information really useful. I am pregnant with my second and had to have an elective c-section with my daughter as she was breech. I'm really hoping this time round providing everything is ok I am going to be able to have a natural birth. I don't like the thought of not being able to pick my daughter up to give her a cuddle or her accidently prodding me on my wound - ouch :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back