probability of c-section this time around.

gemmamckinley

Reaction score
hi all

i had an emergency c-section with my daughter (who is now 14 months) and i am wondering whether the same may happen again. with Abi my waters broke on the friday, but no contractions came at all. i then got 'started off' on the drip on the sunday morning and by nearly midnight on the sunday i had only dilated 3cms, and this was on the highest dose of the drip for over 5 hours. eventually i was too weak and dehydrated so a had the c-section.

just wanted to know peoples thoughts or past experiences. has this happened to anyone before then they've had a vaginal delivery next time round, or is there a good possiblity this will happen again?

obviously there may also be a bit more strain on c-section scar, especially as it will only be around 17months since previous one.

I'm hoping for vaginal delivery, and thats what i am planning to go for. they have offered me c-section, but i want to try and have the baby the 'normal' way. the midwife has told me there is no reason why history will repeat itself, but i wanted your opinions from experience.

any comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
gemma

i had an emergency c-section too, and was told by my HV that i should wait a year before getting pregnant again (not that i plan to anyway!) because there's a possibility of my wounds ripping or opening up if i wanted a vaginal birth. mind you, my HV's crap. i'm sure there are girls on here who know more than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back