what will we need?!

mikid

Reaction score
Hi ladies... This is going to seem like a really silly question, but what are we going to need for bumpys arrival? :roll:

I know the basics like car seat, pram, cot, babygrows, nappies, wipes & baby bath but pretty much beyond that im clueless! I left out bottles as i plan to breastfeed... Is there anything else i should be looking for?

I feel like a right muppet...i'm soon gonna be responsible for a living human being and dont even know what it'll need :blush:

lol you pretty much got it! nursing bras for your boobies and breast pads, my midwife gave me a huge list lol and like a couple of hats for winter, its pretty daunting! first time over here too, just grabbing bits as i go to be honest! and non bio wash for clothes apparently. i also intend to breastfeed but going to express for when i am out and stuff so gonna get a few tommee tippee closer to nature bottles, and steriliser. oh and a changing bag with like sudocrem for when your out and about! bibs too. :) xxx

i think you'll find that they advice you to have bottles and some formula in just incase i plan to breast feed but will have some in just in case.
-steriliser
-baby monitor
-muslim squares
-bouncy chair
-your stuff like mat pads breast pads etc
-stair gates, smoke alarms security things like that
have a look in tri 3 think they got a thread at top that tells you what you need

Hope this helps xx

Thanks girlies! I'll check that thread out in tri 3 and i have a midwife app tomorrow so might ask her too...

You feel like such a numpty when u don't even know the basics! Thankyou for bein so lovely :hug:

Don't forget Moses basket if your planning to use one and also I find play mat's really good too!

Don't forget changing bag with travel fold up soft change mat, and proper changing mat for home, cotton wool and water or wipes for bums, and as your EDD is like mine early Jan, you will prob need a warm soft coat or all in one winter suit, they will sell these when they bring in the winter stuff.

such an exciting time ! I made a start today!

Last edited:
im holding off making a start, but i might have to give in soon! haha! xx

Thanks ladies, gonna get a list started then i can add to it as i go along!!

I haven't bought anything yet either, think i'll wait till 20 week scan... Only 4 weeks to go!

my swing was one of best buys as i hated bouncer and not much price difference anyway and it means somewhere else to set baby instead of flat on back in moses basket all the time. xx

I made a list of everything I need or want and it's so lovely when you tick things off! I've only got afew more things to get !! Yay!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back