what have you bought so far? - then what else do u need?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
just wonderign what everyones got? i feel like im forgettign something?

cot bed (charlottes)
2 sheets for cot bed (fitted) and a fleese
moses basket (given from als cousin)
2 sheets (fitted) and 2 flat sheets (for blankets) and a blanket

pram with car seat (britax zeta monza)

1 bottle (mothercare early years - nipple inside thingy)
steriliser (ebay- in the post)
breast pump (electric snowbear make)
nipple sheilds - and nipplette (ive got flat nipples :oops: )

20 re-usable nappies, liners
3 baby snuggle towels

3 vests, 2 babygrows, scratch mits and 1 hat, 3 little outfits all white. and socks.

baby carrier..

i think thats it.. what have u got? and am i forgetting stuff..??

steriliser with 3 bottles, extra 3 winnie the pooh bottles
cot mobile
curtains
fleece
dummies
nappies (reusable in the post)
monitor
4 sleep suits
4 vests
scratch mits
socks
2 wtp teddies
cot mobile
2 little suits
coat
hat, mittens for winter
normal hats
roo towel
:oops:

Buggy,
Car seat
Steriliser,
Breast pump,
2 baby gros, 2 vests, 2 hats, I blanket and 1 book
Ive loads to get yet

Everyone laughed at me cos i was so organised i had every single thing you could imagine for baby all washed put away in freshly decorated room by 26 weeks i had the ast laugh though i had him at 33weeks never had to worry once that we weren't ready lol

i haven't bought anything at all. nothing. zilch. nada. :shock: :shock: i'm usually the most organised person in the world but i think i'm too scared still...!

Babylicious said:
steriliser with 3 bottles, extra 3 winnie the pooh bottles
cot mobile
curtains
fleece
dummies
nappies (reusable in the post)
monitor
4 sleep suits
4 vests
scratch mits
socks
2 wtp teddies
cot mobile
2 little suits
coat
hat, mittens for winter
normal hats

:oops:

Ahahahahah :rotfl: and Babylicious you said I've inspired you...

Lets see... we have...

Travel system (hasn't arrived yet.. :? )
A teddy bear
A rattle
An assortment of around 10 blankets from when Tia and I were babies (woolly and cotton)
One fitted cot sheet (from Tia)
Three Cardigans (Ive knitted them, but need to get buttons :doh: )
One fleesy baby gro
4 baby gros
6 vests (2 short sleeved, 2 long sleeved, 2 no sleeved)
3 2 piece out fits
5 little jacket type things (made of cotton)
Pair of scratch mits,
pair of bootees
2 little caps

And all the clothes came from one ebay bundle box for under 20€ so I was dead chuffed with that.

Oh yes... baby wipes... but that was an accident... I told my DH to buy some when he ordered out shopping, and he didn't realise that he asked for the special offer one, so a pack of 2 became a pack of 5...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

What else do I need ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Holy cr*p... from what other peeps have brought I need bloody tonnes and tonnes of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a cot for starters!!!

midna said:
smileyyawn.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have 2 2nd hand travel systems - a Graco Deluxe and also a Mamas and Papas Pliko 3. Bought both for bargain prices - both are at mums cause I am a bit superstitious.

I have bought nothing else - but we have turned our Double 2nd bedroom into 2 rooms to create an office/craft room and a nursery. Both are now painted and carpeted.
Cant wait to fill the nursery with loads of cute stuff!!

not much yet
3 all in ones
7 pk vests
2 pairs socks
4 flannels
2 fleece blankets

thats is.. was bidding on a pram on eby but lost that....

Nothing, I'm too scared.
Will start shopping after 20 week scan. I can't wait!

Although we already have a pushchair and a cot from DD and also 2 car seats. We do have a steriliser but I probably won't use that if feeding this LO is anything like feeding DD (although I hope not, I'm dreading it :( ) so most of the big purchases are already done.

where do i start lol

what weve got:

cot
bedding
bottles
dummies
moses basket & stand
bedding for moses basket
cot mobile
pram/car seat
bath
baby cushion
toiletries like powder, baby shampoo etc
carry sling
changing mat
loads and loads and loads of clothes!! (baby has more clothes than me at the minute!)

what we need;

nappies - reusable
monitors
stair gates
changing bag
steriliser and bottles

Pram
Carseat
Baby bath
Various vests and babygros in white/cream/yellow colours
sterliser
breast pump
dummies/wipes/bibs
moses basket
photo frame (cute one where you add a photo for each month of babys life up to 1 yr)

I haven't bought the furniture/nursery stuff, and blankets etc yet cos I want to wait for a gender scan if possible. I've noticed that EVERYTHING for babies in Spain tends to be bright pink or blue and very little else.

I wanna get a maternity pillow soon but cant find them in Spain either.

I still have a long list and hardly touched it, and i know its not necessary for a while, but I totally didnt think about high chairs and bouncers and stuff like that :shock:

opps i forgot i got bibs too lol...so what else do we all need to get?coz i honestly cant think.. i want a swing chair/bouncer thing..a small one.. ive see the 1 i want in argos for like 50 quid..but i can get that after

Pregnopaws said:
Pram
Carseat
Baby bath
Various vests and babygros in white/cream/yellow colours
sterliser
breast pump
dummies/wipes/bibs
moses basket
photo frame (cute one where you add a photo for each month of babys life up to 1 yr)

I haven't bought the furniture/nursery stuff, and blankets etc yet cos I want to wait for a gender scan if possible. I've noticed that EVERYTHING for babies in Spain tends to be bright pink or blue and very little else.

I wanna get a maternity pillow soon but cant find them in Spain either.

I still have a long list and hardly touched it, and i know its not necessary for a while, but I totally didnt think about high chairs and bouncers and stuff like that :shock:

Well you can try getting a maternity pillow from ebay... I had a look on there but funnily enough, the ones I found looked remarkably like those really silly long pillows they have over here....and it's true.... So I just got one of them from Carrefore. It was half the price and just as practical...

We have a Mothercare near us and they do the maternity wedges... I really want a b/f pillow, but can't find one of those here either.

As for baby furniture... It's true... Spain is terribly sexist...it's either blue or pink...theres no such thing as team green here... But Ikea (dunno if theres one down where you are) do nice bedroom furniture, cheap too.

having to start from scratch again I have got

(courtesy of mam) silver cross carrycot and puchchair, car seat and all bags,rain covers muffs etc
sil is buying cot,
just bought over changer and mat
carrycot stand
steam steraliser
6 cot sheets
2 fitted carrycot sheets
2 blankets
2 reversible thick covers
8 bottles
8 newborn teats (nipple effect)
breast pump
8 next size teats
friend is buying highchair
sis is buying bouncer
4 dummies
16 packs baby wipes
4 pks nappy sacks
sudocreme
nappies to last 6 months so far (buy some every week)
bibs, vests, babygrows to see bubs to 6 months, 2 snow suites, 2 x 8pc outfits.
free huggies basket set
breast pads
scratch mits
3 x hats
6 cardies knitted by nana so far
cotton buds
safety scissors

need
bath
top n tail
clothes once we know what were having
2 x cot bumper.cover etc
2 x pram covers
sleep bags
all toiletries
2 more blankets

we are not hard up nor flush but because there hasnt been a baby for 12 years everyone is so excited and cant do enough to help :shock: :hug: another friend is doing a layette and mil and sil are buying little bits too its been unbelievable :shock: we have been so lucky to have such a good family and friends :clap:

Oh and as for a high chair and stair gates, the baby won't be walking anywhere any time soon and if it does, I would very worried, so I have ages and ages to get them..I'll probably do it during the January sales :cheer: :cheer:

cleocat said:
we are not hard up nor flush but because there hasnt been a bay for 12 years everyone is so excited and cant do enough to help :shock: :hug: another friend is doing a layette and mil and sil are buying little bits too its been unbelievable :shock: we have been so lucky to have such a good family and friends :clap:

Can you loan out your family and friends please? :lol:
I could do with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back