• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what were you doing ......

budge

Reaction score
when they heard the news of the twin towers?

i was walking home from town pushing the double buggy with both girls in it. My hubby phoned me on my mobile and told me and when i got home i watched the news. I phoned my mum and i remember sitting in silence on the phone with her watching the events take palce.

It was awful and i think ill never forget it.

Where were you?

I was bored at home and watching crossroads :oops: Then the newsflash happened and I remember the second plane crashing in. we were all shook up so I went out with my mates and stayed at one of them's house as both me and him were a bit shell shocked by it all and didn't want to be on our own.

I was in Spain and the news was on in the bar we were at. We started to watch as the second plane hit :(
Coming back from Spain was a nightmare and everyone was pretty much body searched.

Such an awful awful tragedy :(

i was 16 in collage on my uniform services course (training to be a police woman) when the trainer came in and told us. i sat there thinking "what the hell are the twin towers? i didnt no what the big deal was :oops:

so he started drawing on the white board what happened

i was at school. i didnt find out untill i got home about the news. i didnt know what they were either :? its so sad though :(

my sister was giving birth to her little girl when it happened lol

i was in my history lesson learnin about the civil war when another teacher burst in and turned the tv on - one of my mates cousins was workin there and she burst out cryin watchin it - when she got home she found out he was dead :(

still shocked evrytime i watch the planes hit the towers :(

i know everytime i still see it on tv my stomach goes :(

i was at work didnt find out till i got home

me-23
oh-23
abigail-27/11/03
tia-11/12/04
jordan-24/12/05

I was in Ibiza, I was so scared and just wanted to come home there and then. :(
coming home was a total nightmare no hand luggage or anything! I've been watching the documentry's on bbc1 this week while on holiday, there doing full in depth descriptions of what happened! :shock: soooo scary!

I was in the council office paying my rent.

I heard someone talking about it and I didnt know what the twin towers were. I asked my mum who was with me what it was all about and she explained. I was like :shock: oh

i just came home from school and it was all over the tv, was tryin to watch sabrina the teenage witch...

me and my best mate were shopping in camden, someone in the piercing shop told us and we were shocked then her mum rang us and said please come home coz she was scared something might happen in london.
i didnt realise how bad it really was till we got home and saw the news..those images are so bad i cant even imagine how the families of people inside felt watching those pictures..ppl jumping out and everything it must have been so awful.

I was at home with two friends and we were studying as exams were coming up. We got a call from another friend and turned the TV on... Studying went out of the window as we sat there watching in silence.... It was a few minutes after the second plane had hit so it was the point where everyone realized it was not an accident (footage and commentary were still vague). I couldn't believe it, I just couldn't. I was horrified. The people that were jumping off the windows... Then when the towers fell... :(.

Me and my family had been to NY two years before, my family got to visit the twin towers, unfortunately I didn't go with them that day and now I kinda regret it.

To this day I feel sick to my stomach thinking about it and can't bear to watch

I had just been made redundant & was in centre of Edinburgh walking home. It was horrendous!!

Emilia xx

I can't remember what I was doing :oops: I know I was freeked out by it though.

I was at a birthday party for my mates little boy ( what a way to remember his birthday!!) we were at a soft play centre and the blokes had gon across the road to the pub.
My mates hubby came running in as white as sheet and told us, i don't think i have ever been so gobsmacked in my life

I remember getting home and putting Sky news on and just sitting there with mouth wide open, not believing what i was seeing :cry:

can't beleive it is 5 yrs ago

I just hapened to put on sky news after the first plane hit. It was so shocking! I remeber my nan who was 74 saying how daft it was that 2 pilots could both crash like that. The thought it wasn't an accident never entered her head.

I was making a sandwich for a patient at work (I was a Mencap support worker for people with learning disabilities) and she started screaming for me, i dropped the food and ran into the TV room as the news was showing the video footage of the first plane hitting the tower. I watched as the news channel was showing the the devastation it caused and then the second plane hit the other tower as the cameras were live on air.

I was 15 when it happened. I came home from school for the afternoon because I didn't want to do p.e as usual. My mum was in the garden cutting the ivy off the front of the house and as I walked up the steps she told me she had cut through the sky tv wire. I remember her saying luckily it wasn't the electrical wire next to it or she'd be dead. Then I walked in the house and turned the tv on when it was all over it saying how a plane had hit one of the towers. Then about 10 mins later I saw the other one hit and I was just in complete shock it was awful. Watching people jumping out the window was heart breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back