• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what were you doing ......

I was 17 and in college. I had just sat down in my Spanish class when DH (we had just started going out a couple of months previously) text me to tell me. So I announced to the class that a plane had hit the twin towers.

The Spanish teacher was like "oh right...must be a small plane - maybe an accident. Can't be anything major".

Then not long after I got another text from him telling me about the second plane.

I told the class again and this time the teacher put the television on to see what was happening.

Then we just spent the rest of the Spanish class with us all watching the tv in shock.

I was out shopping and went in to argos and the bloke who worked in there said "look at the TV" so i did but didnt really understand what he was on about! i got home and reaslised what had happened. was totally shocked :(

i was at work in a solicitors when one of the clients told us. when i got home and put the tv on i couldnt believe it, i sat mesmorised. Jon came home late as he was doing a private job round my mates and she never had her tv on, and his radio in the van didnt work, he couldnt believe it when i told him and then he sat mesmorised watching the TV. i was really scared especially as i was carrying Joshua then.

I was in School and i didnt know how serious it was till i got home that night, everyone was just in shock, and then i remembered one of my friends online that i used to play backgammon with had been working there luckily it was the day before but i was really worried :(

I was at my mums house, on my break from college and watching Jenny Jones when there was a flash-up on the bottom of the screen. I turned over onto the news and watched in disbelief as events unfolded. We were flying to Florida for our honeymoon 3 weeks after it and everyone was telling us we were mad to still be flying there, but tbh it was the safest time to fly!!

Poor Matt, it's his birthday today.

I was getting ready to go to work, my first born daughter Jamie was just 3 months old and i was pottering around getting her bag ready to take her to my sister in laws. My husband text and said "have you heard, some nutters flown a plane into a building in America", i hadnt heard anything, but the next minute Channel Fives Milkshake went off and the news came on, i flicked through 1-4 but the samething was on, i phoned my husband and said it was much more serious than that, then the second plane went into the other tower. I sat fixated on the tv, i really thought New York was completely being blown up, i even text my friend my thought. I completely forgot about going to work!!

Its certainly a site i'll never forget.

I had a day off from uni, and was at home doing some coursework with the TV on in the background. The newsflash came on and I stopped doing my work for the rest of the day, just sat staring at the TV in silence for the rest of the day. I couldn't move away from the news reports, the sight of the second plane hitting, and the people jumping out of the windows will never leave me.

Such a terrible thing to happen, and all those people who lost their lives and families who lost their loved ones - its heartbreaking. I can't watch any of the programmes on it, I find it too upsetting.

i was at my parents cahttin to my mum n then my dad came downstairs lookin really freaked out n said guess whats happened,
we turned the news on just as the second plane was hitting the tower i will never forget that day,
it gives me chills just thinking about it now! :?

Flying home from my hols in Magaluf-landed, was at luggage collection and mum phoned hysterical. At this point it wasn't clear it was al quaida etc. Shite ending to a fab holiday. :shakehead:

Bless them all who perished. :pray:

I was 16 and on the bus home from college, it wason the radio. When I got home me and my mam just sat there watching the telly, it was absolutely awful. Like alot of people have already said, seeing people jumping from the building is something I'll never forget :cry:

I was living with my parents. My mum and I were in, turned on the telly and were gob smacked at what we saw. Then the second plane crashed into the tower and we just looked at each other with amazment. I was so scared and shocked. :cry:

Our local newspaper pronted suicides the next day. That made me so angry. They had tons of pictures of people jumping from the towers :cry:

i had to take my sister to hospital and they had the teles on i remember thinking wot on earth was the world trace centres i was 14 and oblivous of them
wen i got home and was watching the telly wiht my mum i just sat there crying especially wen u saw all them people jumping
i can honestly say it was the most heart braking thing iv ever seen

fran_23 said:
me and my best mate were shopping in camden, someone in the piercing shop told us and we were shocked then her mum rang us and said please come home coz she was scared something might happen in london.
i didnt realise how bad it really was till we got home and saw the news..those images are so bad i cant even imagine how the families of people inside felt watching those pictures..ppl jumping out and everything it must have been so awful.

Fran that's wierd I was at the cinema in Camden and came out and there were all those Evening Standard posters saying that there had been an attack and loads of people in the street were reading papers and people were gathered in the pubs watching TV. It was surreal.

I was at work that day and everything came to a standstill i remeber it to this day and it was truely awful my heart goes out to all those lives lost and the family of the victims left behind

I was at work, at the time I was working for an American company and the American bosses were over. DH rang me up to tell me, all the Americans were getting calls on their mobiles and were frantic. It was horrendous. I watched it on the news when I got home, it was the people throwing themselves from the building which upset me the most, they must have been so desperate :(

Xxx

I was in work, my mum rang me-we had been to NY the year before and stayed opposite the World Trade in the Hilton had been up to the viewing platform...
My mum was just babbling and in the back ground my dad was shouting "Theres another one hit"..I felt sick and was shaking, we met so many lovely people there and I was thinking of them all
Sat at home all night on the floor in front of tv with curtains drawn, sobbing....

I still cry now when I see the footage of plabes slamming into the towers, its still so surreal, and I cant believe they have gonem they were such magnificent buildings,so big and powerful, now they are gone....its incredible and so so cruel

God bless every one of those souls xxx

i walked in from school and saw the 2nd plane hit as i walked in and my mum and dad were watching it....i didnt even know what the twin towers were...i thought they were watching a film :shock:

I was at work and a work friends boyf called to tell her so we turnt the radio on..... I also didnt know what the twin towers were or what a terrist attack was?|? I was a bit embarressed that I didnt know what was happening and had to ask.

I still cry when i see it on telly now xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back