What was that pain?

Emma58

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and my hip was aching from being laid on the same side for most of the night.
When I touched just inside my hip it hurt from there right into my groin. It doesn't hurt to touch now, it almost felt like I had a cramp in my hip and the pain travelled into my groin (can you get a cramp there?)
The pain was awful it made me feel sick and I couldn't move.

Any ideas anyone?

No idea what that was, sounds painful! I hope it's better now :hug: :hug:

i have this in my left arm
as now im sleeping on my left side (MID WIF) reccomendation
but i usually sleep on my right side
my left arm didnt like this new postion and the first night i slept on my left
i woke up in pure agony my whole arm shoulder dwon was painful.

hope the pain goes soon hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

The sickly pain I got seems to have gone, but it is still really sore and achy still. It was horrible I'm wondering If I could have trapped a nerve or something?

I don't want that again it really bloody hurt I couldn't move or speak :shock:

Not sure if its the same thing, as I've never checked to see if mine hurts when I touch it...

But I regularly get cramps in my hips from laying too long on one side. Sometimes every hour or so. Its bloody painful. No wonder I can't sleep.

Can't remember if you have SPD or not? (I do) But it may be linked to that.

:hug:

laracomps said:
Not sure if its the same thing, as I've never checked to see if mine hurts when I touch it...

But I regularly get cramps in my hips from laying too long on one side. Sometimes every hour or so. Its bloody painful. No wonder I can't sleep.

Can't remember if you have SPD or not? (I do) But it may be linked to that.

:hug:

Yes :( I'm a member of the SPD club wasn't sure that would be that painful though.
Funnily enough about 5mins before I got the pain in my hip and groin I had cramp in my leg (on the same side) wonder if it was cramp in my hip then.

:( It's still really sore don't know what it is but it's not pleasant.
It doesn't seem to hurt when i touch it now like it did this morning.

could it be the baby engaging ? you know pushing on nerves as it pushes down?

do you sleep with plenty of pillows under your bump and hips, this seems to help me?
x

Ginnymarie said:
could it be the baby engaging ? you know pushing on nerves as it pushes down?

do you sleep with plenty of pillows under your bump and hips, this seems to help me?
x

:think: I wonder
It could well be, I thought last night his head was going to pop out he was pushing down so much. Maybe he has engaged further.

Emma - I've definitely had this. I just posted another threat about this. Hopefully, others can give tips how they manage to sleep on the left side.

Tbh I find it the most comfortable to sleep on my back, which I naturally try to avoid but the pressure on my hips is just getting to me.

Let's hope that this is a good sign and that the labour is getting closer... Hope your last night was a little better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back