What visits do you have when you come home and how often?

scaredbuthappy

Reaction score
Im worrying about when i bring baby home, who is going to come over?
Ive heard midwife comes over the day after? what if you are in hospital a few days do they still see you when you get home? Or what if you leave hospital within a day do they come next day and who arranges it? Do i have to phone my community midwife (she wont be delivering baby) to let her know ive given birth or will my hospital tell her? :wall:
Sorry for so many questions i just dont want to forget something or do something wrong. Does midwife come over every week for how long? or does she just see you the one time after baby has popped out? And when do i see the health visitor person? :oops: :oops:
I feel like i want to have baby, come home, and be left alone, not have people visiting me every day/week.
How long does all this go on for until i am left in peace? I know i sound silly, maybe i will be greatful of the company when they come over :think:

Thankyou xxxxxx :hug:

I stayed in over night, left hospital on the Monday afternoon, then had a midwife on the Tuesday. If you leave same day i think they try and visit you the same day. It's just to check that things are ok, any worries and feeding fine. Then i got another visit on the Friday, then again on the Wednesday. I was happy and so were they, i got discharged from MW. Then i had a HV check on the Thursday and no more til she was 6 weeks. No need to tell your Community MW. She should be the 1 visiting you but mine never did. I had the hospital 1's. The hospital tell you all you need to know before you leave.

So mine visit were in a space of 2 weeks between MW and HV. The HV called me to make an appointment to come visit. My 1st MW told me what day i would get another visit. As long as you're happy and they're happy it shouldn't go on for long.

I just stayed in over night and the mw came day 1, 4 and 7 after I was home and then the HV came once to meet us then it was just a case of taking Arianna to the clinic after that to be weighed.

I think my HV has only ever been in my house 3 times in 2yrs

LisaJ1986 said:
I stayed in over night, left hospital on the Monday afternoon, then had a midwife on the Tuesday. If you leave same day i think they try and visit you the same day. It's just to check that things are ok, any worries and feeding fine. Then i got another visit on the Friday, then again on the Wednesday. I was happy and so were they, i got discharged from MW. Then i had a HV check on the Thursday and no more til she was 6 weeks. No need to tell your Community MW. She should be the 1 visiting you but mine never did. I had the hospital 1's. The hospital tell you all you need to know before you leave.

So mine visit were in a space of 2 weeks between MW and HV. The HV called me to make an appointment to come visit. My 1st MW told me what day i would get another visit. As long as you're happy and they're happy it shouldn't go on for long.

Almost identical for us except I was in hospital for almost 3 days after her birth. Normally the midwife visits for 10 days (day of birth is day 1 even if it's 5 to midnight) so my midwife visited me at home on day 4 and then every 2nd day, a total of I think 3 or 4 midwife visits. You won't be discharged from their care if you or they are unhappy about anything such as how you're healing or how the baby's feeding. After the last visit I got a call from the HV to arrange her first visit. She came once a week for 3 weeks, then skipped a week and now we just go to the clinic if we want her weighed.

Hi ya

The hospital arranged for the midwife to come to me at home after the birth so i dont think you have to worry bout that.

She came the day after i got home, then would arrange with me the next time she would visit. It wasnt every day she would visit. She will ask you about how you are feeling and check that you are recovering from the birth. Then she will check baby over, do weight etc. Then after bout 2 weeks she transferred me over to the health visitor. She came a few times over the space of three weeks i think then i now have to visit my surgery for Calleighs weight checks. When she visited me at home she did the hearing tests on Calleigh also.

I found them to be helpful when they came round, they helped me with making sure i was latching LO on properly and gave me lots of info on all the different groups i could go to etc etc.

was in hospital for 3 days and saw midwife the day after and about every other day for 2 weeks, then saw HV once a week for 2 weeks... so i think by about a month you've left on your own and just expected to go in for weighing and injections

I left the hospital the afternoon after he was born (born at 9pm) and the midwife came around the next day, arranged by the hospital. She came every day for the first week and then every couple of days for a week after that, but only because I had high blood pressure and she wanted to keep an eye on it. She was a bit of a pain actually, she could never give me a rough time of when she'd be coming so I'd end up having to wait in all day for her - I wish I'd realised I could have just told her I was going to be busy and make her fit in around me!

Then I was discharged to the health visitor, who came about 2 weeks later and again about 2 weeks after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back