What the frick is going on with my ovaries?!

Managed to bd last night, so at least we've managed it twice this month, once for each almost-positive opk I've had so far!
I'd obviously prefer if we manage to do it more over the next few days but I think it's unlikely.

As a result though, I've no idea when to start testing. I usually test from around 8DPO, and I said I would this month too so that if I get a bfp I can get to the doc ASAP and be monitored. I will probably start POAS as soon as I can!

Do you have plenty of ICs babe?

If so I'd start poas 8 days from your first OPK.

No harm done really.

But don't accept a bfn until its 14 days from today.

Does that make sense?

Do you have plenty of ICs babe?

If so I'd start poas 8 days from your first OPK.

No harm done really.

But don't accept a bfn until its 14 days from today.

Does that make sense?

Yeah, I don't let bfns get me down anyway, not out til the witch, etc!!

I think I've got at least ten, but I might need to order more as my POAS addiction sees me peeing on them 2-3 times a day! I bought 4 Superdrugs (10mIU) and 2 CB digis so I'm stocked up on them. Even if I use ICs til 12DPO then Superdrugs then I'll know. I also have some 25mIU ICs (bought by mistake when I thought they were 10mIU) so I can see if I get a line on them before even attempting a pricey digi.

I'm getting quite organised with this POAS malarky!!

Well, started getting ovary pains again just now, so I have to assume I'm ovulating today. CD18 is my normal day for ovulation anyway so that makes far more sense.

Still, I don't know why I started getting ov pains 9 days early as well as a dark opk (never fully positive for me). They got lighter and then darker and then lighter again!

Here's my weird Cycle 5:

CD1 - Mmc start to bleed
CD3 - bleeding stops (lighter than a period even on CD2)
CD9 - cramps and ovary pain, medium coloured opk
CD10 - darker opk, dtd
CD11 - opks begin to get fainter again
CD15 - opk almost positive (darker on one side)
CD16 - opk still the same, dtd
CD18 - ovary pains
will update when opk is done.

AF due anytime between CD23 and CD32???

You could have a little cyst on an ovary babes.

I read that when you're pregnant the follicle the egg came from turns into a cyst.

So it could have been that breaking up that hurt?

You could have a little cyst on an ovary babes.

I read that when you're pregnant the follicle the egg came from turns into a cyst.

So it could have been that breaking up that hurt?

I considered that it might be something like that causing the pains, but then the opk lines have been changing. Do cysts cause LH??

I know pros can cause + OPKs so I guess they can?

You may keep making LH while that follicle does what it does maybe?

(Disclaimer: My only medical knowledge is from here and my 10 year old biology A-Level - so everything is a maybe haha!)

AAAAAARGH, so confused!!

Just did an opk and it's basically positive. So I've had about three different positive results, all fading away to a faint opk after a couple of days. This is driving me mad!! Have my ovaries gone into hyperdrive and just releasing eggs willy nilly?!!

Here are the pics, all taken at roughly the same time of day after holding in pee, no changes in variables. In order they are CD15 +, CD16 + then - (one early evening one late at night), CD17 -, CD18 + !!

PS - CD15 and CD16 are darker at one side in real life! The thin line at the end is the same(ish) as the control line.

Attachments

• C5 OPK CD15.jpg
    C5 OPK CD15.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 4
  • C5 OPK CD16.jpg
    C5 OPK CD16.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 4
  • C5 OPK CD17.jpg
    C5 OPK CD17.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 4
  • C5 OPK CD18.jpg
    C5 OPK CD18.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 4
This is just my opinion but I don't think any of those are pos yet but the last one is very close I would say it will turn pos tonight or tomorrow x

Hmmmm.

I'd say today's is maybe the only +.

Although I get super dark lines and I know some people don't. (& obviously you've caught eggys so you know what a + looks like for you. )

Xx

True I know we are all different. I have pocs and have found because of this my lines are super dark when positive
568d8966-0dc7-63a1.jpg

It's very frustrating waiting for ov I got mine wrong this month I thought I was the same day as you cupcake but I got my super pos opk a day or 2 later xxx

True I know we are all different. I have pocs and have found because of this my lines are super dark when positive

Hmm, this makes me think then that I don't have to worry about pcos being the cause of my erratic results, as I never get a dark line.

Yeah you're right, they're different for everyone. I never get dark lines, just an almost-the-same line, then when it goes faint I know my surge is over.
I'm off to the cinema just now but I'll post my Cycle 3 and Cycle 4 opk pics when I get back.

Thanks for checkin in ladies xx

Last edited:
i get erratic opks through my cycle i always find coming up to af i get dark lines on my opks which drives me potty as i always get my hopes up thinking its a bfp.
you know your body better then anyone i just wanted to share my experience with you as a fellow pocs sufferer x

i get erratic opks through my cycle i always find coming up to af i get dark lines on my opks which drives me potty as i always get my hopes up thinking its a bfp.
you know your body better then anyone i just wanted to share my experience with you as a fellow pocs sufferer x

Do you think it's something I should go see the doctor about? Or will I find out about that stuff when I get referred to the fertility clinic? Does pcos come on suddenly? Does that sound really dim?!!
Of course it could just be my cycle being totally whack after 3 consecutive losses and no af in between!!

Here are my opks during ov for Cycle 3 and Cycle 4. I got bfps both months, showing the expected amount of hcg for that number of dpo, so I definitely ovd when I thought both months, no mistaking it. These lines are as dark as they get for me, so it's just to put this months results up there ^^^ into perspective for those who haven't seen my opks before.

Attachments

• C3 OPK CD17 2.jpg
    C3 OPK CD17 2.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 3
  • C4 OPK CD1617.jpg
    C4 OPK CD1617.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 2
I'm sorry Hun I thought you had been diagnosed with pocs. Since I had my mcs it took me a long time for my cycles to settle down. Seeing your other opks shows your lines this month are pos. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back