I KNOW I am going to Ovulate but getting nothing on OPK's?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Still having no joy with my OPK's - got a few very faint lines over the weekend but nothing anywhere near a positive.

I went a bit mental and was POAS 3-4 times a day (what can I say it was a quiet weekend LOL)

I am a bit concerned as I am not sure what is going on?

On Wednesday (CD10) the Dr that did my internal said I was getting ready to release an egg.... She said that if I was trying now is a "good time" but she didn't say anything more or tell me when I would ovulate, I didn't ask as she was a complete cow!... Yet I am now on CD15 and there is is still nothing on the OPK's?

I have had a fair amount of EWCM and I guess that I should trust the Dr as she saw it all on the scan? [She did show me my ovaries]

Why am I getting nothing on the OPK's though?

Could I show all the signs of getting ready to ovulate but then not? Or could it take almost a week for my body to go from showing signs of ovulation to actually ovulate?

We've been BD'ing every day since Wednesday BUT I am starting to wonder if it's all a bit pointless?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Is anyone able to help?

I feel like I am going mad LOL!

xxxxxx

carnat...................:hugs:............chill out sweety i have only just got a line yesterday and I am cd16, i know how frustrating and scary it is though hun, all possibilties run thru ur mind....am i ov....is there something wrong

i think the nurse got your knickers in a twist by telling you that you were ready to ov, give it a couple more days hun my lines went from faint to much darker in a day i was suprised !

lol you nutter your as mental as me peeing on any stick in sight!

Sorry I can't really help other than than to say I got a peak on sat and sun on my cbfm and after doing about 5 opks on sat I only got one faint line at about 1/2pm so I've given up on them! That's why I like the monitor, I'm a yes or no kinda girl! Lol x

TTC our first baby since 6th Jan 2012

carnat...................:hugs:............chill out sweety i have only just got a line yesterday and I am cd16, i know how frustrating and scary it is though hun, all possibilties run thru ur mind....am i ov....is there something wrong

i think the nurse got your knickers in a twist by telling you that you were ready to ov, give it a couple more days hun my lines went from faint to much darker in a day i was suprised !

lol you nutter your as mental as me peeing on any stick in sight!

I wouldn't be concerned if it was for the fact I'd been told by the Dr that looked at my ovaries to BD as I am coming up to ovulation?

I know with my cycles I only needed to start testing on CD13 but the Dr made me think I was about to pop my egg!

I'll give it a few more days

xxxxxxxxx

Sorry I can't really help other than than to say I got a peak on sat and sun on my cbfm and after doing about 5 opks on sat I only got one faint line at about 1/2pm so I've given up on them! That's why I like the monitor, I'm a yes or no kinda girl! Lol x

I think I'll buy a CBFM next month LOL!

xxxxxxxxx

hahah you will have no pee left missy!!! i know how it feels though, to worry all the time :hugs: crazy arnt we

If my ticker is accurate then I should have been getting a + from yesterday :shock:

Boo hiss!

Is it possible to still ovulate and NOT get a + on an OPK?

xxxxxxx

I hope so! Lol x

Hi, which tests are you using?

I use one step and I have found that I will get really feint lines for a day or two them I will get a positive or just one day.
I have taken to using one step and then using a more expensive test just to make sure all is wellm

I am no expert but I think the opk only see is if the LH is present not to show if ov, I have now started to chart temp as a back up!

I hope you get your positive soon - and bding is never a waste of time LOL

Xx

Hi, which tests are you using?

I use one step and I have found that I will get really feint lines for a day or two them I will get a positive or just one day.
I have taken to using one step and then using a more expensive test just to make sure all is wellm

I am no expert but I think the opk only see is if the LH is present not to show if ov, I have now started to chart temp as a back up!

I hope you get your positive soon - and bding is never a waste of time LOL

Xx

I am using the One Step cheapies from Amazon.

Had a few very faint lines (I mean super faint!) but other than that nothing.

I'll carry on for a few days more I think? I wouldn't have started so early (CD10) if it wasn't for Dr telling me I was 'about to' Ov... :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Hi, I'm using the same OPKs as you. I was feeling the same frustration last month so backed them up with CB digi ovs as well. I don't seem to get any faint lines like I've read some get... and using cheapies 3x day. For me though when I did get a pos on the ics the CB also confirmed it.

I'd stick with them for a while longer, this cycle for me on CD18 I got a neg at 10am, pos 2pm and pos 6pm - backed 6pm with CB. No lines whatsoever before and all neg the following day so I must have a short surge. I'll be sticking to the ics next month rather than paying out for the more expensive ones. Good luck xx

If my ticker is accurate then I should have been getting a + from yesterday :shock:

Boo hiss!

Is it possible to still ovulate and NOT get a + on an OPK?

xxxxxxx

Hi Carnat - sorry this must be so stressful for you - I'm just thinking you could possibly have had your surge in the night, which might mean you missed it? You said somewhere else on PF about testing at work - I think that would be a good idea. Maybe bring a water bottle with you to pour it in?? You should def get a cbfm and I would really recommend temping too. Although temping doesn't give warning of ov, it can really be reassuring to know you have ovulated... Still keeping my fx for your +ive opk (damn that doc who gave you all this stress!) xxx

I got some lines yesterday evening! Yay!

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back