What shall i do???

KayleighO

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Dont think i have posted a thread since being in the 2nd trimester so hi to you all :wave:!!

Wondered if you could let me know what you would do in my situation?, I have my 20 week scan next Friday when im hopefully finding out the sex of the baby. My last scan my Partner and Mum came with me and they are both going to be there at the birth.

My problem is my partner wants it to be just us this time as thinks it will be more special and as he thinks as my mum is very expressive with her facial expressions she may show her dissapointment if it is not a granddaughter which i think she would prefer.

I agree with him that it may be nicer just the two of us but have not got the heart to tell her i dont want her there when she has already booked the day off work.

Please help....... Many Thanks x

That's a hard one but if you just want it being you and your OH you need to say that! She should understand as it's a very special time having the scan and will be a special time in your relationship!!

Oh I see your dilema!

Well are you getting the scan at the same hosp or place? could you sneek round the issue a little and say you asked and they said only two in the room for the 20 week , lots of checks etc. Or that you want the sex to be a surprise for her, and so you two will just go.

Mind you if she didn't find out now, she will be there for the birth and then your only delaying that face!
Maybee finding out now would help her get her head round it, and so she is very excited at the brth whatever the sex is?

my mum and OH came in for my 20 week scan, i know deep down she would have probably wanted a girl more but since being in that scan and her seeing my lil boy herself on that screen i think that really made her bond with my bump in the way and after seeing him shes been so excited about a lil boy in the family i found it really helped her being there... but remember this is ur pregnancy and ur the most important person other than bubs, u do what u think is best and they should respect ur decision xxx

if thats how you feel then she doesnt come!! im a big believer in OH and you being the only ones, ive got mine today and we are just going to call people when we get out for the gender part. just tell her that youre only allowed 2 in the room. i would if i were you. she cant argue if its just u and OH she has to understand its your 2 baby and not hers, which my MIL doesnt get sometimes lol. good luck but seriously, if you and OH want to do it alone, do it. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back