What shall I do?!

krissie23

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

This might seem a bit silly but I'm getting a bit worried as my Midwife hasn't contacted me. I have only seen her once, at the first home visit (around 10 weeks). I've had my blood tests done & the results back, had my scan, etc., but she told me that she would see me again at 16 weeks. I'm now almost 18 weeks & haven't heard from her, and I've been through all my notes and can't find her phone number written anywhere, I don't think she actually put it down! :shock:

I phoned my Doctor's surgery over a week ago to ask when I would need to see the Midwife & they told me she would contact me herself & I would probably see her on a Tuesday at the surgery as that is the day she's there. I've been away for a week and checked our house phone when I got back, there are no numbers I don't recognise on there & no answer phone messages from her! She hasn't tried calling my mobile either! I'm just getting a bit worried as it feels like she's forgotten about me! I've got loads of questions I want to ask her & also want her to check my blood pressure as I've been feeling a bit dizzy lately and getting bad headaches! I don't know whether to ring up my Doctor's again, as when I phoned them last time I felt as though they thought I was making a fuss and told me I would just have to wait for her to ring me! I don't really know what to do?! :?

keep on at them hun, you need your 16 week bloods doing, just keep trying :hug:

I'd give them another ring - ask if you can make an appointment through them as you're two weeks overdue an appointment. We have to book our own appointments here, so it's not unusual you asking.

If I were a receptionist I'd understand - especially if you are wanting screening bloods as they're meant to be taken between 15-18 weeks.

K x

I always had to make an appointment with the surgery to see mine. Keep on at them, thats what they are there for. They should be able to give out her number.

Claire x

Thanks for the replies girls!

I think I will try ringing the surgery again on monday and if they tell me the same thing, to just wait til she contacts me, I will ask for her number and ring her myself! I have been through every single thing in my pregnancy folder & there's nowhere she's written her number down! :?

I had all my screening bloods done when I went for my scan (Rubella, HIV, etc.,) and the down's syndrome test and they all came back negative, but I haven't had the baby's heartbeat checked or my blood pressure, etc. Hopefully they will give me her number so I can call myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back