What Prams are everyone getting? x

I'm lucky as I live in Huddersfield where the Mamas & Papas factory is & they have a factory shop on site that gas loads of discounted stuff! I bought my Bugaboo Bee off eBay from a family in Cheshire. She had 3 prams & had barely used the Bugaboo. I got 2 hoods, sunshade, sun umbrella, cup holder, rain hood & liner for £250. I have bought Maxi Cosi adaptors on eBay (normally £30) but paid £15. The only thing I'd definitely but new is the Maxi Cosi car seat as you can never be sure if it's been involved in an accident. (Unless you buy it from someone you know).

Sunnyb xxx

This one in the green with 4 wheels, it's reversible:

Mothercare-My-Choice-Seat-Unit.jpg

that was going to be my choice(excuse the punn) but didn't have the funds. xx

What pram is that purplehippy? It's really nice :) x

I haven't really looked at this yet. not sure what to get, thought I might get one of the 3 in 1 travel system things but they look awfully heavy and a pain to push about.. Will start looking about soon though.

Last edited:
Rachel - it's the Mothercare i-choose-it or something - you choose 3 or 4 wheels, and the colour. I just want the pushchair bit, not the carseat or whatever else it might come with. I had cheap or second hand for my daughter everytime and went through many buggies. This is my dream buggy (though there are some stupid ones that are near a grand to buy which are cool looking - stupidly impractical but cool looking) - everything else for baby is cheap or second hand (and I've tie dyed the baby gros myself) but I wanted a nice buggy in green that was from new - so I know it'll last me!

Also got a second hand one that's ollllllllllllllld pram style with big wheels (4) and starts as one with babycarrier, which changes to a chair, which is reversible, kinda bulky - but good for festival fields!!! Charity shop for 40 or so quid :)

ive got the xcursion from mothercare. comes with cosy toes, car seat etc. the one good thing is it's parent facing aswell as outwards.

i dont want to put anyone off but the silver cross jet is what my sister had. she loved it until her lo was out of the pram and into the seat. it only faces outwards and she found lo hated it as she couldnt see mummy. she was only about 5 months. she said to me whatever you do get one that faces you aswell.

hope this helps your desicions, xxx

Do you know if thats the case for the 3d as well?

I like the green pram purple hippy :)

x

Im using the pram i had with my son, its a silvercross linear freeway in pistachio, i love it, its great and nice n comfy and roomy 4 baby but bloody massive 2 get in the car! x

Im also getting the Mothercare xcursion...at first I wanted the Silvercross 3d but after doing some research online and asking a few mums out and about who had I decided against it...I've read that the brakes arent reliable on some of them plus it went up in mothercare from 299 to 440...way out of my league....so I got the xcursion for 265 I wanted to buy from mothercare as my oh sis gave us a 100£ voucher and you can pay the rest of as and when so perfect for us!

Thats the other one im looking at the mothercare excursion .. its lovely :D

I've been looking at the Excursion just on Mothercare site and its reduced to £265 which is really good. I don't know whether I should order it on my babyplan as I love the look of it and it has everything you want with it! I think I have been swayed x

I really like it but ive read really mixed reviews, people either rave about it or have said things constantly break on it. I wouldnt worry if i was in the uk as you have guarantee but as im abroad i couldnt use my guarantee so would be stuffed. Also they have some lovely really good xcursions on ebay for as low as £100 sometimes so worth keeping an eye on x

Yeah I've read really mixed reviews too so I'm just not too sure!! I think I'll keep having a nose about for a bit I think. x

I've gone for a phil and teds explorer in black and red because my plan (if I'm not completely put off labour this time! and if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again when I want to) is to have another little one about two years after this one so I wanted a buggy that I could use for two and these have a double kit so that you can do this. A few of my friends have had them when they have more than one and thought they are fab and I thought it would save buying another buggy next time round. Will try and find a pic (oh I and love that it is three wheels and very manouevrable) xx

ive got the xcursion from mothercare. comes with cosy toes, car seat etc. the one good thing is it's parent facing aswell as outwards.

i dont want to put anyone off but the silver cross jet is what my sister had. she loved it until her lo was out of the pram and into the seat. it only faces outwards and she found lo hated it as she couldnt see mummy. she was only about 5 months. she said to me whatever you do get one that faces you aswell.

x

I think the Silver Cross Jet that pinkymum is referring to is the 3D. And she's right, the 3D is parent facing when in pram mode. When baby is too big then you turn the 3D to pushchair mode which isn't parent facing.
I got around this by using the 3D as a travel system with the carseat. It made it heavier but it was still sturdy.
I've had no problems with my 3D (apart from hood after nearly 2 yrs and SC replaced it free). Hope I've helped. :) x

x

i just checked with my sis which one she definately had and it was the 3d. she had it in denim. which faded really badly so silver cross sent her new black covers. xxx

i ordered the xcursion on mothercare when it was on offer before xmas. i would suggest ordering it soon if you are going to as it went back up the day after i ordered it so who knows when it will come back off of offer again.

purple hippy yours is the my choice either the my 3 or the my4 depending on the wheels option you choose.

sorry sound like a right geek usede to work for mcare. xxx

i ordered the xcursion on mothercare when it was on offer before xmas. i would suggest ordering it soon if you are going to as it went back up the day after i ordered it so who knows when it will come back off of offer again.

purple hippy yours is the my choice either the my 3 or the my4 depending on the wheels option you choose.

sorry sound like a right geek usede to work for mcare. xxx

I think I'm going to order it now, I think i'm persauded lol x If anything does go wrong with it I can easily replace it throught Mothercare can't i? x

Right I've changed my mind, I'm getting the Mothercare My4 in the black, as i'm not finding out the sex, so i can glam it up with bright toys, etc x x

girls anyone ever considered ebay for their prams? i know when i was preg i was snobby and said nooo way to a 2nd hand one! but there are some on there like NEW! lol and means u can prob afford ur dream one? emma is urs baby wearvers scoot?? my sil got it its even nicer in real life lol!! :D xx

Hey, I just won my bid on ebay for a jane slalom pro pushchair and a jane matrix 0+ cup carseat/carrycot.

Just priced it all up from mothercare- pushchair on sale for £365 and the carrycot/carseat is on sale for 225. Making grand total £590 brand new. We just won the pushchair and carrycot/carseat set off ebay which is in immaculate condition for £195 + £19 p+p making grand total of £214 - we have saved £376 !!! So happy :) I love it too :). This is thr pushchair but we got in grey and orange which looks lovely :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images...rcentoff,BottomRight,-10,-10_SX315_SY375_.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back