• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What MW Care are you receiving???

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
Hi all!!

Had my Booking in appointment today a 9+6
Didn't start off to well.

Appointment was for 2.30pm....and i arrived at the desk at 2.20pm and was told to take pop to the loo to do a urine sample and then to take a seat and wait to be called.

I Eventually :clock: got called in by the MW at 3.20pm (long time after my app was meant to be- no sorry for the wait etc etc, most of the time the staff were standing chatting to each other-not impressed!)

She seemed friendly enough but didnt know any of my history....not that i have a 3yr old son, or that i had a miscarriage this may, and had had 2 EPAU scans this pregnancy already, which actually kind of shocked me.

Then when all was done and dusted i asked when i would see her next, to which she replied we wont' see you now till your 28weeks so December 22nd.

That came as a shock to me as with Leo i was seen every 2/3/4 weeks by a MW for BP checks, measuring tummy, listening to bumps HB etc....

So does none of this gets done anymore???

Is it like this everywhere now or do i just live in a crap area??

Sorry to Rant.

Not sure if this is much help to you as it's my first etc but I had my booking in appointment on Monday and apart from my scan next week I won't see another midwife until I'm 16 weeks and then will go for my next scan at 20 weeks.

i saw midwife at 11 weeks, 16 weeks, 25 weeks, 28 weeks and yesterday at 31 weeks. But i know you do it more often whit your first baby tho..

im on my first, i had a booking in at 10 weeks, 12 week scan, and next wednesday i have another midwife appt for 18 week check then not again til after my 20 week scan. i wonder if it does differ after your first pregnancy x

This is my 4th pregnancy and I saw mw at 9 weeks,16 weeks and will see her again at 25 weeks but obv have scans in between and pushed for a consultant appt early so seein him at 18-19 weeks instead of 28,I was kinda shocked at how much less care there is than 12 years ago wen I had my 1st,I remember mw appts been few and far between last time but they've now changed from a mw team to seperate community and hospital mw's which basically means il get a stranger when I'm in labour,not that it matters too much cos out of all 3 previous labours I've only ever known the mw that delivered once and that's cos she'd booked me in 5 years earlier wiv a different baby lol x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back