Rubbish MW appointment yesterday!!

Chrissy1

Reaction score
Again I wasted my time going to my docs for an appointment with the MW yesterday :wall: :wall:

I got there to find that the normal MW wasn't in and they'd got an emergency one in from another practice to cover the appointments.

When I told her it was my first appointment she said that she couldn't do a booking in because I'd only been allocated a 15 minute appointment and it can take anything up to an hour!!! All she did was write my details on a post it note to pass to the proper MW so she can give me a call and do a booking in session for me :x :x

Luckily I already have a 12 week scan appointment but at this rate the baby will have already been born before I get a ruddy MW!

Sorry for the moan....it's morning, I'm tired and grumy and just feeling the need to rant

How did everyone else's appointments go yesterday??? I think there was two or three of us all with MW appointment yesterday!

:hug:

Sorry to hear about your experience Chrissy... how frustrating!

Awww sorry it wasn't a great outcome for you :hug:

Don't fret though. My booking in appointment with my MW lasted only 20 minutes and I was out the door :lol: She was always quick and too the point and I never minded. I've changed MW's as we've moved and I can be in there an hour each time now :roll: Also annoying as I know when I get there on time, she'll be at least 20 minutes late to see me. I always book in for an early appointment now. If I left it till 11am I'd not see her till 2pm I reckon :lol:

How frustrating! Oh well, at least you are closer along to when she can start finding the heartbeat at your appointments. That is much more exciting!

i wouldnt worry i wasnt booked in until 13 weeks! and had my dating scan a couple of weeks later..

it is annoying tho when they cock things up. mine lasted 45 mins but 30 mins of that was just spent trying to get my blood!!

Now i have to make a separate appointment to have blood taken...grr, went in today as they refused to do it at my 16 week app and referred me to laborologist (SP?)! She even tried to dodge listening to the heartbeat at 16 weeks.

sorry your appointment didnt go well, mine didnt go too well either..

Had step in midwife in too..

She just gave me some notes of things to do/not do, and eat etc..

took some blood for some tests,

And said my midwife would be in touch to come see me at home in 3-5 weeks..??

dont worry babe.. You'll get a midwife soon, your stronger, because coping without one so far...

:hug: hope your ok xxx

Aww how frustrating :( I hope your proper midwife gives you a call to arrange a proper appointment. Did your DH go too?

My first appointment was 5 mins long and consisted of them booking me in a time for my booking in appointment :roll: Still at least work had to give me time off :D

Mildly said:
Still at least work had to give me time off :D

that was the only good thing for me..... My appoint was at 2:15 and I was out of the docs by 2:25 so I went home for an afternoon nap :lol:

I had my booking in appointment yesterday too and I had to wait 20 mins before I got in there and then it wasn't with the normal mid wife I was supposed to be booked in with, but the mid wife I did see was very nice, I am really poorly at the moment - with severe sore throat and flu symptoms and the mid wife made me lay down with a big pillow through the whole thing and gave me a drink of water. The actual appointment lasted about 40 mins, she gave me loads of info, took 5 vials of blood, a urine sample and asked me loads of questions which she wrote in my pregnancy note book which she gave me and told me to take it everywhere with me. Its A4 size! I can't see me taking that to the supermarket!!
All in all, the appointment went well, I am really sorry to hear your appointment was a waste of time Chrissy - I would have been so annoyed, atleast you have your scan date through, they are going to send mine through the post and I can see that is going to be a while. The mid wife did date me at 10 weeks though which is good news as it could have been 8 weeks due to my long cycles so hopefully my scan will come through quicker :)

Gemmy said:
....and asked me loads of questions which she wrote in my pregnancy note book which she gave me and told me to take it everywhere with me. Its A4 size! I can't see me taking that to the supermarket!!

Glad you had a good appointment there :)

And I can't think of a single woman who has carried her maternity notes around with her until the final stages of pregnancy. Never heard of it being done before then. Maybe she meant to bring them to every appointment and hospital visit with you? That's what I was told to do.

And I can't think of a single woman who has carried her maternity notes around with her until the final stages of pregnancy. Never heard of it being done before then. Maybe she meant to bring them to every appointment and hospital visit with you? That's what I was told to do.

You must be right!! I definetly won't be doing that yet - my handbags tiny :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back