confused about preg care gp/mw huh?

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
Anyone in barking, dagenham or havering area??

Just wondering as to how the MW/scan appointments happen now?

When preg with my son in 2006 i told the gp i was preg and he gave me the number for the MW clinic and i had my first mw app around 7-8 weeks and 2/3 weekly untill 8 months.

Saw the gp today and he filled out my name and lmp on a piece of paper and "faxed" it over to the mw.

i asked him when would i have my 1st mw app to which he replied "i'm not too sure just wait for them to send you a letter"

Which i thought was rather strange tbh.

can anyone shed some light? Cheers in advance xx

Im not in that area but live in Essex, my doc's told me the same thing, they filled a form in and told me to wait, i had another appointment with a different nurse a few weeks later for something else and got told they dont contact me i have to contact them and they normally give the number out - my midwife isnt located at the doc's! luckly i asked again otherwise id still be sitting here waiting, at my old doc's i just got told to book in with the midwife as she worked from there... i had a booking in appointment at 8 weeks and the next appointment is at 16/17 weeks, not sure when the next one will be after that...

Maybe give it awhile and if you dont hear anything give them a call

Hope this has helped alittle!

Thanks Mrs E!
Yeah i'll guess i'll wait untill i hit 7 weeks, if i haven't heard by phone or post by then i'll chase them up!

Its just so weird i didnt find out i was pregnant with my son until i was 7.7 weeks and had an 8 week check up.

Only symptoms other than the BFPs i have are sore boobies tiredness and hardening on the lower right hand side of my tummy (above the pubic bone)

xxxxx hope your well xxxxx

My doc won't even fax the mw,I have to ring her myself which I think is v strange,don't have to see the gp or anything!!! x

In Berkshire, we see the GP whenever, and then cannot book in with midwife till 10 weeks plus (who visits the docs every thursday). then she posts a copy of my notes over to the hospital ( I will be under consultant rather than midwife care) and then I have to ring up a week later when they arrive to book the 12/13 week scan. then you see a midwife or hosp at 16 weeks for routene checkup and scan at 20 weeks.

hope that helps - seems a long time doesn't it , will make preganncy go fast I guess

I am putting off seegin the docs a little bit longer !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back