What is your maternity package like?

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Am I in the minority having just SMP?

My company are :shock: :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

PS - I am not asking for monetary details or anything, just wondering what everyone else is being offered!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Carnat

From what I can understand from the maternity pay I will get 9/10ths of my normal wage for first 6 weeks then it will be 2 weeks full pay then 18weeks half pay + SMP then the last 13 weeksI get paid for is just SMP.

I am going to equalise my SMP over 12 months inistead of 9 so that there is a "wage" every month xxxxxxxx

Hey Carnat,

I just SMP which is poop.... my SIL gets 6 months full pay, 3 months half pay!! x

I just thought we got SMP if we qualify or MA :S... I guess I'm wrong?!

Sarahcarps2be, we just get SMP or MA as a general rule. But some companies offer great benefits and they will add to your statutory allowance, some top it up so that you actually get full pay for several months! I just get SMP though :(

Still, paid to sit at home cuddling my gorgeous bundle. Can't complain!!

I'm not pregnant yet but when I do eventually concieve I will have to make a big decision whether to stay in Dubai or not because if I do I will only get 6 weeks off work :-o full pay but even still, can you imagine going back to work after 6 weeks!!!

People are just expected to get a nanny here and go back to work full time. Working part time is not even an option!

I would get six weeks at 90% and then SMP.

Hi Catnat, i was talking to some of the girls where i work, as a carer my wage varies every month, but the maternity pay for the girls was the same for both of them. As it turns out im better off on maternity pay than work, we get 9mth maternity leave and can have an extra 3mth where we arent paid.

Yeah there's Statutory pay and contractual pay. Depends on your contract. As I may not return I have opted SMP as my contract states I will have to pay back the contractual if I don't come back.

I get 3 months full pay then smp for 6 months ... Which i think is pants considering I work for the government :shock:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Thanks for the insight ladies, at least it's not just me that has to live with crappy SMP!

Although I at least I have the option of not coming back afterwards, I am sure those with really good maternity deals have to go back for a certain period of time after maternity leave ends?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the insight ladies, at least it's not just me that has to live with crappy SMP!

Although I at least I have the option of not coming back afterwards, I am sure those with really good maternity deals have to go back for a certain period of time after maternity leave ends?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes you certainly did at my last place anyways or else you had to pay the difference between it and SMP back... x

I get 8weeks full then 18 weeks half pay plus smp then the last 13 I think is just smp I'm getting mine split over the whole time I'm off tho so it works out I'll get roughly same each month instead of dropping n dropping if that makes sense xxxx

Mine was 6 weeks at 90% pay and after that I am on SMP . I officially went on maternity leave on the 20th of dec but I had holidays to take so I left on the 3rd of dec and got full pay up until the 20th xxx

I only get SMP too which is a bit rubbish! Me and hubby are hopefully going to do that thing where the mother can transfer some mat leave to her partner, so I will have 6 months off and then go back to work and he will take the remaining 3 months. I will be gutted to go back to work as 6 months seems such a short time, but I earn more than my hubby now (not a lot but enough to make a difference), so it makes sense for me to be back earning my full wage while he gets SPP for those few months.

My friend works for the court service and gets 6 months on full pay then 3 months SMP... I nearly died of jealousy when she said that! It does seem unfair that how long you get to spend off with your baby is dictated by money :(

I'm not pregnant yet but when I do eventually concieve I will have to make a big decision whether to stay in Dubai or not because if I do I will only get 6 weeks off work :-o full pay but even still, can you imagine going back to work after 6 weeks!!!

People are just expected to get a nanny here and go back to work full time. Working part time is not even an option!

Omg! We shouldn't really complain in the uk then! I hope you get to make that decision very soon :) xxx

:shock: I'm shocked at some of the packages you ladies have been offered. I thought this was the millennium?!!

I work at a Uni and get 20 weeks full pay, 19 weeks on SMP and then 13 weeks unpaid. Until recently women had to come back to work for a minimum of 3 months or pay it back but my colleague didn't and she received all of this. I definitely will not be complaining after reading how some companies operate.

xxx

Ams it is very sad and unfair that women have to go back early just to pay bills. There are not many benefits for working parents that are not on a huge combined wage but earn too much for tax credits...then the government wonder why there is so much benefit fraud. To a certain extent I can understand people doing this in desperation just to pay bills and spend time with their kids. Not trying to justifying it, just understanding some people really struggle with no real help. Wow sorry, Completly gone off on a tangent.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back