What is the theory about babys heartbeat?

Marchmummy

Reaction score
i heard our babys hearbeat for the first time last week and it sounded like a fast galloping horse. my mum said there is supposed to be a theory about whether this means boy or girl but she wasnt sure which way round!!?!

i think the faster it is the more likely its a girl but dnt know how many beats etc :)

Under 140 is supposed to be a boy, above is supposedly a girl. Galloping horse = girl, train = boy. Ella's heartbeat was always above 140 :) Don't know if there's any truth in it but it was right for us :)

was right for me too! well i hope lol!

But i said to midwife how much would you rely on that theory and she said as much as flipping a coin...so i think its more a myth hehe

Based on that I'm having a boy ? we shall see- it sounds a bit more scientific than most theories i've heard :lol:

it was right with all 3 of my children too!!!

Ooooh no, so if it really does work then there is a chance I could work out whether this is a boy or a girl from the HB later on in pregnancy. Will have to ask them not to write it down ;)

i was gona ask yhis today i had my m/w today and mine was 135 beats a min and i got a feeling im having a boy so hope its right will find out at my next scan :dance:

my three girls were all above 140 beats per minute. This baby ahs always been ;ess thanb 140. So if its a boy the thory is very correct for me. We shall see.

Damien's was between 130 and 145 I think mostly, but I was having contractions half the time I was monitored? Maybe why it was up a bit but he's a boy!

its the heartbeat at the anti natel appointments that count though sami not the monitoring in labour.

I wasn't in proper labour... just having contractions, like 27 weeks onwards.
Never got told in my antenatel appoinments as it didn't have a screen on the doppler, she just timed it

I was told during labour (the one time they got to check :lol: ) and it was under 140, I was moaning 'that's a boys heartbeat and it's meant to be a girl' :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back