Folk lores with babys heartbeat etc (dopplers)

girlygirl

Reaction score
What do you all think of all the folklores with the sex / boy or girls?

I had my 16wk mw appointment yesterday and she heard the heartbeat. Also strait away which was cool! She said she could tell what i was from the rate and asked i if knew the sex and if we wanted to know. Which we don't, and we dont want to know...but have been reading up on it since this morning as got me intrigued. Apparently if the heartbeat is under 140beats per min then its more likely to be a boy but if its over then a girl. Also says if it sounds like a train or galloping horse irs one way or the other!

Just wondering if the ppl with dopplers and knew the sex if its sort of true or not...or complete rubbish!!! got me interested now. he he

Sorry long post!

I was monitered for a few days in hospital before I had Austin, and his heartbeat baseline was always around 115 - 125. We didn't know he was a boy until he was born but the midwives all said he was going to be a boy or a very laidback girl!

I don't know if it works generally but it was right for us!

could be about true then?! Have been reading up on other bits like if you were sick early on then its a girl - was very sick!
But the heart beat is more technical.

IMO the heartrate doesn't determine what the sex is. I know a few people who were told by their midwives that the baby was a certain sex from the heartrate and were wrong. My eldest was a boy and he had a fast heartbeat but he was very active and last one had a slower heartbeat and is a boy.

Ouuu I havent heard this when I was in hospital I looked at the doppler it was reading 155. And I think its a girl

Find out today fingers crossed

xx

With my son it was always inder 140 and sounded like a train, this time its always been over 140 an sounded like a horse and we are definatly havin a girl! So i would say it could be right sometimes but i spose like everythin theres no guarantee!!

:shakehead: Well I don't believe anything like that. Can only be one or the other so of course it's gonna be right sometimes....but not others.

I asked my midwife when I was last there and she laughed at me and said I should know better! She also said the heartbeat thing was as reliable as looking in your grannies airing cupboard to see if the pink or blue blanket was on the top!

Anyone tried swinging their wedding ring over their bump yet? lol

hey ill try it all! you are only pregnant for a small time in your life so going to do what my parents and grandparents did :lol:
It adds to the fun.

lol, true.
Have you done the chinese gender thing? That told me I'd have a girl...

alex doesnt wanna do the ring thing.. hb sounds like horse.. but it is quite fast..our doppler doesnt have the count thing on there god knows what it is.. i was thinking blue.. but then again.. what the hell do i know lol...it is what it is.. we shall fund out some time in january!! :D

:shakehead: Well I don't believe anything like that. Can only be one or the other so of course it's gonna be right sometimes....but not others.

I asked my midwife when I was last there and she laughed at me and said I should know better! She also said the heartbeat thing was as reliable as looking in your grannies airing cupboard to see if the pink or blue blanket was on the top!

hey ill try it all! you are only pregnant for a small time in your life so going to do what my parents and grandparents did :lol:
It adds to the fun.

lol, true.

alex doesnt wanna do the ring thing.. hb sounds like horse.. but it is quite fast..our doppler doesnt have the count thing on there god knows what it is.. i was thinking blue.. but then again.. what the hell do i know lol...it is what it is.. we shall fund out some time in january!! :D

It adds to the fun.

lol, true.

baby's heart beats go up and down just like ours when they are excited or interested, when it is busy enjoying the sugar you had earlier or catching a little nap :) As long as the rate is in a good healthy range it is fine - and variation is a healthy sign :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back