what hosptital/baby changing bags have you got?

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
i've now decided it's about time i stated to think about my hospital bag

have any of you ladies purchased a new bag for the occasion
i was thinking it could be used also as a changing bag for the baby :think:

what changing bags have you got and where did you purchase them from and can you reccomend one???

sarah :wave: :wave:

I'm using Jim's little suitcase for me (I'm a believer in travelling light) - to be fair the thing that takes up the most room is maternity pads!

For the baby I'm taking her changing bag.

Then we're gonna have a carrier bag full of snacks and drinks for Jim so he doesn't die :rotfl:

I didn't buy anything new! But I'm a skinflint!

What are you thinking of doing Sarah?

Cripes if you can fit your hospital stuff into a baby change bag then you deserve a medal or something :lol:

I'm just using an old holdall for my hospital bag. Fits my stuff in the main section and baby things in either end and pockets. Its a fair size but not huge and is easy to carry. I can get everything in, down to drinks and snacks and 15 nappies and a box of breast pads.

I'd never fit even a fraction of things in a baby change bag.

As far a changing bags go, it depends on your budget and what you want from one. This site has loads

http://happybags.co.uk

No need to spend a fortune though. I've used everything from ordinary backpacks to carrier bags when nannying for other families :lol:

debecca said:
I'm using Jim's little suitcase for me (I'm a believer in travelling light) - to be fair the thing that takes up the most room is maternity pads!

For the baby I'm taking her changing bag.

Then we're gonna have a carrier bag full of snacks and drinks for Jim so he doesn't die :rotfl:

I didn't buy anything new! But I'm a skinflint!

What are you thinking of doing Sarah?

Hands up to being a skin flint too ME
dont like buying stuff if i dont have too
i was going to be gven my sister Melanies old changing bag but as its up in Newcastle it may not get down to me in time

my parents are going to come down with the van with all my little nephews stuff for me.
including the bag but i suppose i need a back up plan

all my bags are canvas enviro bags and a rucksack
do you think the ruck sack will be adequet for all the stuff i need?? :think:
may not be enough for me and the babies stuff.

i could use a suit case i suppose a bit bulky though :think:

Here are mine- mostly packed and ready to go :roll: I travel quite light so no wheely suitcases for me! If I desperately need something OH will have to come home and get it!

random.jpg

My bag (black one) was £6 in Primani.... :shhh:

Sherlock said:
Cripes if you can fit your hospital stuff into a baby change bag then you deserve a medal or something :lol:

I'm just using an old holdall for my hospital bag. Fits my stuff in the main section and baby things in either end and pockets. Its a fair size but not huge and is easy to carry. I can get everything in, down to drinks and snacks and 15 nappies and a box of breast pads.

I'd never fit even a fraction of things in a baby change bag.

As far a changing bags go, it depends on your budget and what you want from one. This site has loads

http://happybags.co.uk

No need to spend a fortune though. I've used everything from ordinary backpacks to carrier bags when nannying for other families :lol:

soz worded my post wrong i was thinking along the lines of getting a new bag for the hospital and using it afterwards for the baby
to be honest i didnt think about the fact id need 2 bags one for me and one for collier at the hosptial

urgh im usless at this stuff
poor Colliers got a dumb Mammy :oops: :roll: :lol:

geordie lass said:
all my bags are canvas enviro bags and a rucksack
do you think the ruck sack will be adequet for all the stuff i need?? :think:
may not be enough for me and the babies stuff.

i could use a suit case i suppose a bit bulky though :think:

My hospital asks you not to bring large suitcases etc due to lack of space.

Maybe go somewhere local and find a cheapie £10 backpack/holdall of decent size (bigger than hand luggage at airport size). I have a great backpack I use normally but while it would fit my things it won't fit baby's things, so I opted for the holdall. Its only a cheap canvas one, nothing flash but the large end sections mean I can fit all the baby things in there too.

I also got minimalist on my contents list. I managed to cut down a bit by checking what the hospital provided and what I had to bring.

Blame my pregnant brain for not reading this properly haha.

For hospital, I have a mini wheely suitcase for me. And a small-ish holdall for baby. After baby is born, will send the wheely suitcase home with husband, as the rest of the stuff I need will fit in with the babies stuff.

I'm using my changing bag as a hospital bag too... it's rather large though! :lol:

The pram we have comes with a matching tiny changing bag for a quick trip to the shops but I wanted a big one that I could bung loads of junk in as well for when we go out for big trips...

inforabumpyride said:
Here are mine- mostly packed and ready to go :roll: I travel quite light so no wheely suitcases for me! If I desperately need something OH will have to come home and get it!

random.jpg

Tilly will be so jealous - she'll love that black and white bag! She is the Monochrome Queen! :rotfl:

geordie lass said:
urgh im usless at this stuff
poor Colliers got a dumb Mammy :oops: :roll: :lol:

Awww not at all :hug: :hug: :hug:

Some women do take two bags, one for themselves, one for baby. Others take just one bag with it all in. Do what works for you. If you can get all your baby stuff in a change bag and your own things in another small bag/backpack then go for it :)

Just be aware the amount of nappies etc you may need to take. I don't know about anyone else, but I am taking 15 nappies to start. Hubby will bring in more if needed, but they are taking up a chunk of room. OK, so they will be used but its still got to fit in to start :wall: Outfits etc all add on.

Have you got your hospital bag list written out yet? If you have then it'll give you a better idea of what size bag/s you'll need.

Sherlock said:
Just be aware the amount of nappies etc you may need to take. I don't know about anyone else, but I am taking 15 nappies to start. Hubby will bring in more if needed, but they are taking up a chunk of room. OK, so they will be used but its still got to fit in to start :wall: Outfits etc all add on.

We're doing something similar - taking a sandwich bag with cotton wall balls in and a limited number of nappies. OH can always bring more to the hospital later and they're so ruddy bulky!!!

debecca said:
inforabumpyride said:

random.jpg

Tilly will be so jealous - she'll love that black and white bag! She is the Monochrome Queen! :rotfl:

I LOVE THE BLUE BAG
Just my sort of style where did you get it from was it from the same place as the black and white one?

nope- got it off Ebay! it's completely ME- and if I have to carry nappies with me I will do it in style! :rotfl:

It's a brand called 'oilily'... if that means anything?!

x

MissSara said:
I knew i should have never took a peak in here........ THANKS a lot Sherlock, i now have to explain to OH why i just bought a baby changing bag, when we don't even have the pram........lol

Just purchased this one http://www.happybags.co.uk/products.php?cat=162

:rotfl: :rotfl: Sorry :lol:

Very pretty bag though :dance:

I'm going to hell in a handbask.... baby changing bag I guess :rotfl:

MissSara said:
I knew i should have never took a peak in here........ THANKS a lot Sherlock, i now have to explain to OH why i just bought a baby changing bag, when we don't even have the pram........lol

Just purchased this one http://www.happybags.co.uk/products.php?cat=162

awwwww that is a very cute bag :angel: :angel:

DO YOU HAPPEN to have a thing about little cute cakes :think:
it matches your avitar :D

just dont mention you didnt need the bag :shhh: :rotfl:

I've got Logans stuff packed in his changing bag (which came with the pram) and I've got an old holdall for me.
I've had to put my dressing gown in a seperate carrier bag cos it was too big to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back