Changing bags

mum2b410

Reaction score
Hello ladies, hope you are all well today!

I just wanted to see what people were doing with regard to changing bags?

Are you having a specific changing bag for your LO? If so are you buying a new purpose made one or just using a bag you've got?

If you're not are you just converting your usual bag/handbag into a changing bag plus bits you need?

I know this might sound silly but I don't know what to do! I have seen a changing bag I'd like but I don't want to spend money unnecessarily!

Thoughts would be good please xxx:)

Honestly my changing bag came from charity shop, they are so expensive new

I shall just be using the one that comes with my Pushchair! I don't really go out that much during the day. Just my normal supermarket walk!

You can pick up nice changing bags on amazon cheap & also some stores offer discounts if bought with products!

I just got a kinda smallish beach bag type thing from primark. It was only £6 and its got a waterproof lining and stuff plus I think it looks a bit prettier than the normal ones Xx

Thanks guys-love the Cath K one pos!........yeh pram has a rucksack type one but we were given the pram 2nd hand and the bag is a bit dirty on the inside and not many compartments. I could use it and see how I go I guess? I'm not sure it's big enough either.
I will have a look on amazon/ebay I think too!
Cheers guys xx

I bought myself a new one. My pram came with one but I found it rubbish and can't jsut use a normal bag as personally I like all the room and having different compartments. They are expensive though, I do agree. Although my last one lasted me up until my son was around 3/4 and stopped needing nappies/wipes and a change of clothes so I really did get my moneys worth out of it.

This is the one I've just bought and I love it:. Was about £65-75 on Amazon.
http://www.oioi.com.au/index.php?s=collection&p=hobo,25#

I like that one DW! I can see that if it's a good one you'd get your money's worth. I also like to have quite a bit of room and would like compartments. We have quite a lot of money on giftcards from mothercare (as they messed us about with furniture) and OH has said I could use some of this money to get one if I wanted too, so I think I'll look there and an amazon/ebay and prob get a new one!

thats nice DW, i might have a look on amazon. i'm giving myself a budget of £80 so i'm sure i'll get somethinig but they are so expensive, you'd get a nice leather handbag for £ 80!! x

I'd totally forgotten about a changing bag! Guess I better have a look although my hubby was a mr meany early on when I mentioned them and had a fit at one that was £45! Men just don't 'get' bags or shoes do they!

I've bought a changing bag, just because I don't want nappies and dirty clothes and things spoiling one of my bags. Plus I can never find anything in my bag and don't want to be struggling with a screaming baby while I'm scrabbling round in the bottom of my bag for whatever it is I need. I'll also need to use my big work bag when I go back to work.

I've got the Skip Hop Dash which seems pretty good. Loads of different compartments and pockets so you can find things easily and it feels pretty sturdy. And it comes with a padded travel changing mat which should come in handy.

Thanks girls.......I don't know how much OH is 'happy' for me to spend, but I saw one in mothercare catlogue that's about £40 and he didn't hit the roof- I also said that because it was grey in colour it wasn't especially feminine so he would be ok carrying it too (don't know if that helped! lol!).
Generally though I agree with you Sarah- men just do not get bags and shoes!!!

I did get a changing bag for free with our pram, but honestly saying it's nothing special - just a bag with a hanging matt and a cup holder in it! You can easily just use your normal bag instead.

Or you can get one from boots for free I think if you join their baby club! It's black and not very exciting, but it has a changing mat in it. Worth having!

Hadn't even thought about men carrying the bag, good point really can just see my 6ft 5 big built hubby carrying a pretty flowery bag lol!

Hadn't even thought about men carrying the bag, good point really can just see my 6ft 5 big built hubby carrying a pretty flowery bag lol!

lol!:lol:

Yeh, my OH is over 6 foot and fairly built......u never know it may help him get in touch with his feminine side!! xx

I have a M &P's one that I used for baby No1 for about the first 6 months and then I upgraded to a yummy soft tan leather changing bag that looks more "handbaggy" if you know what I mean:)
I've also bought two B-boxes this time round - one to leave in the car and one to throw in change /hand bag. I'm sure you can get something similar in the UK.....they just hold a few nappies / wipes & cream. really handy little things to have if you're just running to the supermarket or out for a walk and want to throw one in the bottom of the push chair.

I've bought 1 from a company called koochu I bought it at the baby show in Manchester discounted to £80 bit pricey but it looks more like a handbag it's waterproof inside plus the lining zips out so u can throw it in the washer it also has thermal secret pockets to keep bottles warm/cold & comes with a changing mat! I liked it coz it's more of a handbag & has plenty of pockets

http://www.koochu.com/product.aspx?id=10

I'm such a diva :blush: the one I like is £145 and I like it because it matches my handbag :roll: :blush: I can't believe I'm admitting that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back