What have you ever donated?

Tenshineko

Reaction score
I was just wondering what people have ever donated body wise? My hubby has just started donating blood and iv been thinking about donating breast milk and hair. Any one else do anything like this? Iv been telling people about donating my hair and theyve looked at me funny like im a nutcase :lol:

blood and breastmilk but not at the same time ;)

ive donated blood, platelets and breastmilk.

nothing :(

they don't want my blood because I keep getting inked or pierced! :lol:

When I die I want my body to be used for research purposes though. My mate is a medical student and talks to her bodies while she's disecting them. :lol: :lol:

blood, would love to do platelets at some point too :) i'm also on the organ donor register to donate everything.

i donate blood when im not having a tattoo or a baby
i also bug everyone i no who can into doing it :D
me arron and thomas are on the organ donation regester to donate everything of any good
xx

Jade&Evie said:

When I die I want my body to be used for research purposes though. My mate is a medical student and talks to her bodies while she's disecting them. :lol: :lol:

I hope you rethink that as it would be terrible for your daughter, they cant give you a proper burial for 2 years i think it is. my granda was going to do this but luckily he was talked out of it.

yeh i know they need people but leave it to people with no family i say.

Im going to donate eggs! I seem to find it easy to get pregnant but see people suffer all the time desperate for a baby! :( I think its the least I can do! Its a bit of hardwork though! :shock: Injections! Cervical scans! But if I can help someone have a baby then its all worth it hey!?
Dont know if they would let me donate blood as I have an underactive thyroid and have to take synthetic hormones?! :think:
I will donate my organs when I die too! If no one needs them then I would love to go to the Body World people! Donated to Science!

HollyHobby said:
Jade&Evie said:

I hope you rethink that as it would be terrible for your daughter, they cant give you a proper burial for 2 years i think it is. my granda was going to do this but luckily he was talked out of it.

That all depends! :think: I hope my children see my body as I do! An empty carcass that can benefit others instead of being burnt to ash or buried! Its my spirit that matters and that will always be with them!

HollyHobby said:
Jade&Evie said:

If she wants to bury a rotting corpse then fine but I'd rather have a memorial service and give my useless body to people who will make good use out of it :) I'm hoping I will be a good old age before I pop my clogs and hopeflly Evie will respect my wishes. My mum is doing the same and I admire her for it :)

HollyHobby said:
Jade&Evie said:

:eek: :eek: encouraging

I've donated blood & am on the bone marrow list too. I wanted to donate breastmilk but there's nowhere near enough to me to be able to do it.

I'd like to donate bone marrow but I've heard it's really painful and I don't think I could :oops:

Tommo has donated sperm to clinics though not going to say which ones :)

Ive never donated anything - though i like the idea of donating my eggs though.

I was going to donate blood yesterday but I totally forgot :oops: I will do it soon! And I was wondering what that weird f**k/quote was all about too :think:

mrs_tommo22 said:
Tommo has donated sperm to clinics though not going to say which ones :)

Ive never donated anything - though i like the idea of donating my eggs though.

I quite like the idea of donating my eggs. There's so many I'm never going to use and I hate waste. I also like the idea of giving that gift to people. Plus I kind of like the idea of little half-mes running around having lovely lives and doing lovely things, even though i'll never know about it.

A while ago there were all these ads in the local paper " we have been trying for a child for 9 years and our only hope is now egg donations, if you'd like to help... etc etc" and it was in the paper every day for weeks. It nearly made me cry,I felt so sorry for them, and I would've done it, except I'm still so young I doubt they'd have taken me

Just blood, been doing it for years now.
Got my bronze award not long before I had LO, now working towards silver!! :cheer:

Jade&Evie said:
I'd like to donate bone marrow but I've heard it's really painful and I don't think I could :oops:

testing the quote thingy for f words LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back