What have you ever donated?

i went to the blood clinic in december but they wouldnt take my blood because i dont weigh enough. and even tho i'm soon gonna weigh enough i cant anyway coz now i'm pregnant!

i might urge DF to donate sperm before he has his snip- he must have super-sperm!

i am on the bonemarrow transplant list. they took my blood a few years back for it. and so if i come up as a match for someone somewhere, then i will donate.

bone marrow biopsy is not nice, but i think the actual transplant of it from you is done under a general anaesthetic

I'm on the organ donor list and carry a card. I haven't donated blood because I've been on medication but now I'm drug free I must get round to doing it :)

zebrastripes said:

I quite like the idea of donating my eggs. There's so many I'm never going to use and I hate waste. I also like the idea of giving that gift to people. Plus I kind of like the idea of little half-mes running around having lovely lives and doing lovely things, even though i'll never know about it.

:( :( I feel really selfish when I read that because that's the reason I wouldn't want to donate my eggs :( I'd hate the idea of people out there having MY babies IYKWIM. Although Evie is only half of me she looks just like me and I find the idea of her :( aving half brothers and sisters a bit creepy IYKWIM.

zebrastripes said:
Jade&Evie said:
:think: Have we been hacked?

what's the f**k bit all about?

i noticed that too. i'm certainly not putting it in! :lol:

:lol: I noticed too. Is it possible we're being hacked?

Jade&Evie said:
zebrastripes said:

I quite like the idea of donating my eggs. There's so many I'm never going to use and I hate waste. I also like the idea of giving that gift to people. Plus I kind of like the idea of little half-mes running around having lovely lives and doing lovely things, even though i'll never know about it.

:( :( I feel really selfish when I read that because that's the reason I wouldn't want to donate my eggs :( I'd hate the idea of people out there having MY babies IYKWIM. Although Evie is only half of me she looks just like me and I find the idea of her :( aving half brothers and sisters a bit creepy IYKWIM.

I don't agree with egg donation, or sperm. I think it can't be good for the genetics of the population years and years and years down the line. At some point inbreeding will occur won't it? :think: or will it be so 'diluted' that it won't matter? :think:

Forgive my ignorance :oops: , I know nothing about it so my opinion is purely based on my own (maybe warped) common sense. Please feel free to put me straight :lol:

I've always wondered that. Remember the twins who were married? Twins Seperated at Birth Married

Do parents who have concieved using donated eggs/sperm have to tell their children that they were concieved in that way or can they pretend to both be biological parents?? And if you donte, when the child turns 18 can they get in contact? x

Jade&Evie said:
I've always wondered that. Remember the twins who were married? Twins Seperated at Birth Married

Do parents who have concieved using donated eggs/sperm have to tell their children that they were concieved in that way or can they pretend to both be biological parents?? And if you donte, when the child turns 18 can they get in contact? x

I'm sure I've read recently that sperm donations are down because the anonymity (sp) laws have changed and when the child hits 18 they can have access to who the donor was.

Should Sperm Donors Remain Anonymous?

I have mates at Uni who have donated sperm- can't blame them- £50 to have a wank! :lol:

I wonder though if they are fully aware of the implications when 18 years down the line they're not a student but probably married with a family and 3 or 4 kids turn up wanting a relaionship with their biological father? :think:

As far as I can Google; egg donation is definately anonymous. :?

I've donated blood and am on the bone marrow register and the organ register.

I don't think I would feel comfortable donating my eggs but think it's a good thing to do.

I wonder with egg donation if it is more anonymous because your egg grows in the other woman and therefore she gives birth to the child and so it is considered hers whereas a sperm donors donation bypasses the other man and goes straight to the woman. Does that make sense?

Jade I'm sure anyone who had given sperm before any law change would still be anonymous otherwise that would be a breach of their human rights I'm sure :think: If it was after the law change they should've read the small print, but all that wanking had probably affected their eye sight :lol:

Also don't know about the egg / sperm thing suzie :think:

Also your link was 2002 Jade and I'm sure the law changed really recently hun :)

I would quite happily donate anything but not eggs. Before I had children I did think differently but now I have my children I cannot contemplate my future children being brought up by someone else - my girls brother or sister etc. I can't seperate that. Plus there are also the health implications, I want my children to have their mum with them. I admire those that can egg share and the happiness they bring others but I couldn't do it

I agree beanie, I feel the same.

I'm not religious but it is also going against human nature isn't it? but then you could say that about any medical procedure couldn't you :think:

When we were trying for Isaac we decided that if we didn't get pregnant we wouldn't seek any medical intervention so it wasn't a route I even would have considered anyway.

i think i would donate eggs.
the joy and love and happiness that my children have brought me is overwealming.
to think that my eggs could provide a childless couple with the same amount of love, well, to me, that is pretty humbling.

it's the same thing as organ donation to me. giving someone else the gift of life.

Donating anything is no doubt admirable and selfless but I just couldn't donate eggs.

I've heard stories though about people recieving donated organs and taking on the donors characteristics :shock: Now thats scary :shock:

I've donated blood and I'm on the organ donor register to donate everything.

Donating eggs would be a lovely thing to do, but I just couldn't do it. I'd hate the thought of having biological children out there I'd never see and not know how they are.

zebrastripes said:
mrs_tommo22 said:
Tommo has donated sperm to clinics though not going to say which ones :)

Ive never donated anything - though i like the idea of donating my eggs though.

A while ago there were all these ads in the local paper " we have been trying for a child for 9 years and our only hope is now egg donations, if you'd like to help... etc etc" and it was in the paper every day for weeks. It nearly made me cry,I felt so sorry for them, and I would've done it, except I'm still so young I doubt they'd have taken me

Heres some info on egg donation! :D You do have to be at 18-35 and have no genetic disease etc!
Im will need to speak to them regarding my hypothyroidism! Im sure it wont matter as its not necessarily genetic but we will see!
I have made a promise to my good friends who are infertile or who have struggled to conceive a baby and carry it to term! I'd be quite happy to have little half me's about the place but I know its one of them things you either want to do for sure or dont want to do for sure lol! My family think Im crazy! My Joe thinks its a lovely idea! Though he wont donate sperm! :think: heehee Too embarrassed lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back