What have you ever donated?

zebrastripes said:
mrs_tommo22 said:
Tommo has donated sperm to clinics though not going to say which ones :)

Ive never donated anything - though i like the idea of donating my eggs though.

I quite like the idea of donating my eggs. There's so many I'm never going to use and I hate waste. I also like the idea of giving that gift to people. Plus I kind of like the idea of little half-mes running around having lovely lives and doing lovely things, even though i'll never know about it.

A while ago there were all these ads in the local paper " we have been trying for a child for 9 years and our only hope is now egg donations, if you'd like to help... etc etc" and it was in the paper every day for weeks. It nearly made me cry,I felt so sorry for them, and I would've done it, except I'm still so young I doubt they'd have taken me

I wouldn't donate eggs as the harvesting procedure involves a serious intake of hormones and can have hefty side-effects including infertility and death. Not to mention turning into a psycho during the hormone phase. I would not want to do this to my family.

widowwadman said:
I wouldn't donate eggs as the harvesting procedure involves a serious intake of hormones and can have hefty side-effects including infertility and death. Not to mention turning into a psycho during the hormone phase. I would not want to do this to my family.

No more so than someone who goes through IVF! Yes Im very very fortunate that I didnt need any kind to procedure to help me get pregnant and for that Im extrememly grateful but others do need help and I feel that this is one way I can help!
But like I said before, its not everyone cup of tea! :D

Im going to make an effert to give blood ive wanted to for ages but never have :oops:
Id donate breastmilk if i made enough to spare
When i die i will let them use my organs to help others live :)

Im listed to donate everything when i die.

When im better i want to donate my time to others who are struggling with PND and i also want to start donating blood

i dont want to donate my corneas. they can have everything else, but not my eyes

1sttimemum said:
Im listed to donate everything when i die.

When im better i want to donate my time to others who are struggling with PND and i also want to start donating blood

:hug: I think you would be of great support you could train as a councillor ive heard the best ones ae those who have been through it themselves :)

widowwadman said:
zebrastripes said:
mrs_tommo22 said:
Tommo has donated sperm to clinics though not going to say which ones :)

Ive never donated anything - though i like the idea of donating my eggs though.

I quite like the idea of donating my eggs. There's so many I'm never going to use and I hate waste. I also like the idea of giving that gift to people. Plus I kind of like the idea of little half-mes running around having lovely lives and doing lovely things, even though i'll never know about it.

A while ago there were all these ads in the local paper " we have been trying for a child for 9 years and our only hope is now egg donations, if you'd like to help... etc etc" and it was in the paper every day for weeks. It nearly made me cry,I felt so sorry for them, and I would've done it, except I'm still so young I doubt they'd have taken me

True. Still it's the thought that counts. :lol:

Suzie and Faith said:
I wonder with egg donation if it is more anonymous because your egg grows in the other woman and therefore she gives birth to the child and so it is considered hers whereas a sperm donors donation bypasses the other man and goes straight to the woman. Does that make sense?

Nope at 18, the child can legally have access to your details!

lea m said:
[quote="Suzie and Faith":1k84azs2]
I wonder with egg donation if it is more anonymous because your egg grows in the other woman and therefore she gives birth to the child and so it is considered hers whereas a sperm donors donation bypasses the other man and goes straight to the woman. Does that make sense?

Nope at 18, the child can legally have access to your details![/quote:1k84azs2]

That is really going to affect the amount of sperm donors isn't it :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back