What happens next ??

mushy1

Reaction score
Just wondered what I should expect from doctors at my next appointment ??

been TTC for nearly 2 years.

Pelvic scan came back normal.
21 day bloods came back normal.
Hubby sperm sample came back noraml.

What tests should I expect next ?????

Thanks ladies xx

I figure that with all your tests coming back clear that it's just a case of you meeting all the requirements for treatment in your area and then being referred to have the treatment - probably IUI to start off with.

They might still want to do a lap and dye though...

Also, we had to undergo HIV/Hep tests and i had an STI smear before actually starting treatment :)

LouiseB you have been my little life line lately xxxxx

thanks so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Have now been reffered to fertility clinic.........doc says next step will prob be a lap and dye like you said louise.

Just wondering how long the appointment will take to come through , soon I hope.

Doctor wasnt sure if treatment at fertility treatment would be free !!

I know we would have to pay for IVF if we needed it but what about other treatments ?????????????

Hopefully it shouldn't be longer than 3 month before you have had your lap and dye - I think that is what they aim for anything being processed and completed within - it could be much sooner though :)

Maybe you GP is confused about funding because there is nothing apparently wrong, but that isn't a criteria. As long as you have been ttc for 2 years, neither have any kids and you are <39 in age with <29 BMI and don't smoke then you should be eligible. I think your PCT has good funding with lots of cycles.

Contact your PCT directly via email and ask if you want to be sure :)

My husband has kids from previous marriage !!

So IVF wouldnt be offered on the NHS, just wondering about IUI ??

I will def email PCT, thanks louise AGAIN !!

P.s Hope you get your much deserved BFP soon, Good luck with your IVF treatment xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hiya, you should be entitled to iui on nhs even though your partner has kids in a previous marriage/relationship. I know you deffo cant for ivf, but they cant knock you back for iui. Deffo get your gp to speak with pct about this, or ask your consultant before your gp he would know. Goodluck X

Last edited:
Thanks Star........ think I would go crazy without you ladies on here xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back