What happened!?

claire671

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Been away for a few days in London and had a nightmare yesterday. Had really bad lower abdominal pains, really sharp and were so bad I couldn't stand or breathe at all. Ended up lying on the floor in the back corridor of the Hamleys Toy Store (worst place for this to happen, was so so busy) being helped by an amazing first aider. Anyway, the pains were getting worse so I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, I honestly thought that was it, I was losing my baby. Blood pressure was normal (110 over 80), I had some protein in my urine but no bleeding (thankfully). The doctor wanted to keep me in and do blood tests to check hcg levels but wouldn't be able to scan me until this morning.
I know this was probably really silly but the thought of being in an unknown hospital and city scared the living daylights out of me, the pain had subsided so I discharged myself so I could fly home last night.
As soon as we got home I grabbed my doppler and heard my baby's heartbeat. I burst out crying as I was so relieved, as was hubby.
What on earth were those pains?! Been trying to get through to the Edinburgh Midwife all morning but line is engaged and EPU won't see me as I'm 13 weeks. I stupidly tried to find the heartbeat again this morning (hubby normally does it as it's a better angle) and I couldn't find it. Freaking myself out.
Luckily my scan is tomorrow so if all else fails I know I have that.

Sorry for the long post ladies, just going stir crazy until hubby is back from work, what's worse is I'm locked in the house as he's taken my keys by accident :(

Update: Realised I have my midwife's mobile number so called him. He is such a great guy, really put my mind at ease. He thinks it's a UTI, did not think they could be that sore! Anyway, to make an emergency appointment at my GPs and get some anti-biotics. Just can't wait for this scan tomorrow and finally relax!!!

xxx

Last edited:
it sounds very much like round ligamant pains to me they can be very very painfull indeed and ususly around this time wen everything is starting to move around a lot more now pulling stretching of ur ligaments and muscles im glad everything is ok :) xxx

i am sure u be fine hun best of luck x

Feel like a total dafty now. Realise I need to CHILL. Sorry for posting my silly ramblings, hope all ladies are well xx

I had a UTI at 10 weeks and it was bloody (literally) painful. I had spotting too, so I went along to A&E who sorted me with antibiotics. I totally didn't even think of a urine infection when I had the pain and bleeding, I like you automatically assumed something was up with bubs. It all worked out fine though, pain and spotting stopped within a day or two xx

It's not at all silly, if it is a UTI then it needs to be treated. I am glad that you are OK and I hope all goes well tomorrow. xx

I don't blame you honey, I had dreadful cramping in november and lost my baby at 5 weeks so this time around any niggles are terrifying me, it's normal to be scared until you hold the darling person in your arms, and then you start being terrified in a whole other way, xxxx sorry for your worry just rest and sleep and be reassured by your Doppler xx

hope your ok now and good luck for scan tomorrow x

not at all silly cos if u are then i am lol today i have had terrible left hand side lower bk pain and its in my leg aswel i think its just hormones softening things etc i have mw tomoro for booking so il mention to her but i think its just part n parcel as no pains in abdoman area,could well be a uti u have yes gd luck for scan xx

could be IBS? I had gotten a bit constipated around weeks 5-7 so had started taking loads of fibre. I would always end up in total doubled over agony, flashing lights in my eyes and dizzy and sick. Ended up in the hosp thinking it was an ectopic but turned out to be IBS that is triggered by fibre!!

it was agony. I didnt even know I had IBS........... just another thing to think about! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back