What games do you play with your LO?

BabyMagic

Reaction score
What games do you/your OH play with LO? Or what are your LOs favourites atm?

Our favourite two currently are:

1. Let's bake a bun (learnt from my mum):

- LO lying on her back. Hold arms next to her body and roll her body from side to side (not to her tummy just 90 degrees each side) and say: 'let's bake a bun, let's bake a bun'
- Then poke her body and face with both of your index fingers (latter gently of course) and say: 'let's add some raisins'
- Then tickle her body and face with your finger tips and say: 'let's add some sugar'
- Then stroke her face and body and say: 'let's glaze it up'
- Then back to 'let's bake a bun, let's bake a bun' - ie rolling LO's body from side to side
- Then gently push her body upwards on a mat and say: 'let's put it in the oven'
- Then take your hands off LO and say excitedly: 'And let's eat it up!!!' and make smacking sounds and kiss around LOs body

LO loves it - and chuckles in anticipation when I say 'let's eat it up'

2. Roll over game

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/develo ... hs4thweek/ - plan 2

we dnt play any :(
Ill sometimes move my hands in front of her like a spider and then tickle her and blow raspberries.

Generally we do 'singing games' with actions like:

* hokey cokey
* if you're happy and you know it (clap your hands, stamp your feet, shout HURRAH! etc)
* row your boat
* round and round the garden
* this little piggy went to market

etc...

She loves me moving her limbs for her and laughs away. Actually she laughs most of the time at the moment, she's a joy to be around, hence all the silly games :rotfl:

We play...

Peek a boo...

On your head, on mummy's head (basically I put a toy on my head and then on her head saying... Put it on mummy's head... on lil miss' head... then I give it to her after a while when its her turn to put it on her head and more often than not she'll put it on her head then try and put it on mine.. and now if she wants to play she picks up a toy.. puts it on her head and gives it to me :rotfl:)

Roll the ball

Sing and sign

pat a cake

Pooky pooky pooky... (where we chase Tia round the house saying pooky pooky pooky as in :puke: )

Flying baby...

Waving things above her head (sicky blankets) like Mid... lil miss loves it but I have no idea why.. :think:

Basically we have loads and loads of games...

debecca said:

* hokey cokey
* if you're happy and you know it (clap your hands, stamp your feet, shout HURRAH! etc)
* row your boat

etc...

She loves me moving her limbs for her and laughs away. Actually she laughs most of the time at the moment, she's a joy to be around, hence all the silly games :rotfl:

We do these too :D

She also loves a most lame version of peekaboo - instead of covering her face with something, just pass your hand over her face (think that thing that clowns do putting their hand up and smiling then putting it down and frowning). She loves it!!! Special bonus smiles for doing it in front of a mirror so for that tiny split second that your hand is in front of her the baby in the mirror disappears!!!

She absolutely loves to fly - she makes the cutest face with a wrinkled nose and everything :D Turbulence is great.

She likes to run too - when she is lying down or daddy is carrying her I take her legs and make them walk, then run.

debecca said:

* hokey cokey
* row your boat

etc...

Same here....loads of singing... Wheels on the bus...5 little ducks went swimming one day...
We play peekaboo, lift LO in air (she loves that... a real thrill seeker!), hide a seek with muslin cloth, we play chase (crawling and when me or OH hold her, the other one chases).
Also, one of us hides behind a doorway and jumps out to say "BOO!" - Lo anticipates this by trying to peer round the doorway and giggles before it happens.

I blow raspberries on her belly/back and pretend to "bite" her ribs (this tickles her) and we just do tickling. Also Oh rubs his stubble on her feet which is VERY amusing to her.

We must look like right lemons... but we all love it. I can usually make LO laugh by just saying normal stuff but in a high pitched silly voice, and repeating it lots with plenty of animation.

In the bath we do splashing and I bought a toy octopus and crocodile from Morrisons which squirt water... so I do the "where is he?" and put it underwater... then "here he is!" and squirt her... again, very funny for us both.

:think: Hmmmmm......I really need to get a life!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We play things like -

-she tries to crawl away and we drag her back by the legs (might sound cruel but she loves it :lol: )
-peekaboo
-we dance to songs
-throw her in the air
-we play tickle tickle (we just tickle any part of her body that makes her laugh)
-the shouting game (Maddison shouts so we equal it and it gets louder and louder)

So it looks like that there are plenty of playful mums about!!!!

We love singing too. I am actually no longer embarrassed about singing in public as I tend to do this without realising that I have done it!!!! X-factor here I come :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !!!!

BabyMagic said:
So it looks like that there are plenty of playful mums about!!!!

We love singing too. I am actually no longer embarrassed about singing in public as I tend to do this without realising that I have done it!!!! X-factor here I come :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: !!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh yeah i was singing to Peter Andre in Game the other day as it made Calleigh laugh. OH was a tad embarrassed :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh god, anything and everything. He loves things over his face and then whipped off, really makes him giggle. He also likes water over his face in the bath from a jug - he actually waits for it and holds his breath. He likes me to do superman over the top of my head with him.. basically anything remotely rough - he likes.. like being tickled so his whole body is moving etc. He is a nutter. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i got a fab cd from Woolworth's called 30 party songs and it was only £1.

it has alsorts on 5 little ducks, row row row your boat, head and shoulders, polly had a dolly and loads more, we play this in an afternoon before Ellies nap doing actions her fave is head and shoulders but we never get past track 12 of 30 coz shes usually asleep by then.

we also got a fun rock giggles when she was 4 months it's like a baby walker but it rocks around abit like a wheeble instead of her moving it you can also have it fixed, it has loads of interactive toys on it that she loves playing with.

We do
- lots of singing games too and actions or signing that we learn at our baby sensory class, grand old duke of york is a fave, and Ive just started doing 'old macdonald' with lots of silly animal noises.
- she loves to dance and OH makes up 'routines' for her which involve a lot of bouncing and wiggling and lifting in the air
- where's Eva with a muslin over her face
- raspberries and pretending to eat her

Basically anything that gets a giggle, she has us totally wrapped around that little finger :roll: :D

Thats a good website baby magic might try some of them.

We play lots of singing games her fave is im a little teapot with the actions. :D

We also play button nose where i press her nose and sing (bit random but she loves it)

Blowing raspberrys on her belly & peekaboo.

It sounds like that we are having loads of fun with our babies.

LOs new favourite is flying her close to the mirror to that beautiful baby there - she giggles away!!!!

For some reason blowing rasberries doesn't get her giggle yet, not that she minds it either though.

Snuggle said:
We play things like -

-she tries to crawl away and we drag her back by the legs (might sound cruel but she loves it :lol: )
-peekaboo
-we dance to songs
-throw her in the air
-we play tickle tickle (we just tickle any part of her body that makes her laugh)
-the shouting game (Maddison shouts so we equal it and it gets louder and louder)

eee SNAP! We do all of those and Livvy loves them!! :D

xx

I've just learnt the "he crawls away and I drag him back by the legs" game Snuggle! I did it once very gently as he was going to the fireplace, and he absolutely LOVES it!! Laughs his head off and crawls off again in anticipation of me grabbing him!!

K.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back