What foods are best for weaning

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi all....

Just read the topic on when to start weaning with great interest.... I have just started to give Arianna a little baby rice this week.... the thing I want to know is what sort of foods are ok to give her? I know to only introduce 1 new thing a week... but can I give her puree veg/fruit yet or do I just stick to the rice. I'd much rather make puree myself as I know that there is no salt/preserves/E no's etc in them.

I would ask my HV, but she is USELESS!! I have only seen her twice since Arianna was born! It's always just the nurse that weighs her at the clinic and if I ask her she says to ask HV - I just go round in circles!!

S. xx

I would stick with the baby rice for a couple weeks then you can try pureed veg. We started with Butternutsquash as its naturally sweet, then sweet potato, I then mixed in some parsnip, carrots then brocilli, cauliflour, runner beans, peas etc

When he hit 6 months I added chicken & pasta. I'm just starting to experiment with other things now!!

Annabel Karmel cookbooks are really good (except I ignored the ages!!) you can get them off Amazon.

Thanks... I have one of her books and was just looking at some of the other ones just now on Amazon..... spooky!! :rotfl:

S. xx

I have annabell karmel complete baby and toddler meal planner at the ready it is really great for people like me that get stuck in a rut with food as it gives your baby lots of different foods if you follow the planner cxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back