finger foods

confuzed 88

Reaction score
What finger foods can I get Lo started on? Atm I give him puree but I was thinkin maybe to introduce some food he can eat himself, what and when is the best meal to have him eat finger foods?xx

We've just started giving Holly finger foods (doing blw) that are versions of what we r having. Cooked veg sticks
Broccoli and cauliflowe cos they can hold the stalk bit and eat the tops
Fruit sticks or slices
Toast or baked bread fingers
Muffins

I steamed carrots and broccoli for her first try, takes longer than you think to get them soft!
yesterday Holly had roasted courgettes and peppers and sweet potato chips. Haven't cooked the fruit but I havent;t tried harder fruits like apples yet. She had a lick of some cucumber from my plate the other day too.

Hey,
I did TW, and I have always let LO feed himself at lunch time. You could start with veg, fruit, salad, toast (with different toppings, marmite, cheese spread etc) , pita bread (filled), pasta, cheese, rice cakes, biscottis', baby crisps ........ xxxxxx

Last edited:
Yeh im doing tw, but i thought it be nice for him to feed himself for one meal.. Il start with steamed broccoli n carrot, potatoes etc

we're currently mixing TW and BLW (after LO scared himself and started to refuse finger foods completely) we'e found that the Organix rice cakes and big carrot puffs are good for on the go (they say from 7months but they don't contain anything you cant gvie them at 6 months!) our LO also loves cheese on toast and banana! hope your LO enjoys it, have fun xx

I think you can give finger foods any time of day.

Things like....toast, cut into soldiers, apple?? (without skin), banana, carrot sticks, cucumber.

Give him a plate with a few bits & see how he gets on!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back