What does it mean when...

SunnyGirl

Reaction score
...you've BD at all the right times, ov'd but didn't get bfp. Assuming later you get a bfp, and there's no problems with fertility, what did it mean all those times you didn't get preg. Do sperms and eggs miss each other like ships in the night? Does the mind or body know it's not the right time?

Hi Sunny Girl,

Have been thinking about this myself... and well it seems that for a BFP there need to be a number of optimum conditions. You need to ovulate, (you might get the LH surge and still not ovulate) the sperm need to reach the egg (be good swimmers, at the right time to be able to fertilise, it then needs to travel to the right place (not ectopic), and then needs to also implant correctly.

So I think its the combination on many factors that all work together during one cycle that gets your bfp, whereas only one needs to fail for your bfn if that makes sense.

yep...i heard or read somewhere that sometimes women only ovulate every other month.......you get the surge and all the ov symptoms, but never quite pops out......plus there could be something up with a particular egg and it doesnt fertilise properly or the sperm that gets through is faulty....loads of things against us.

which is why it's even more amazing when it happens....which it will :) when the timing is right.....xx

Yes what the others said, have you watched that channel 4 prog that was on called "the great spem race" think someone posted about it before. It shows what a hard job the little spermies have :(

Thanks loads ladies xx
And I'll def watch the sperm race tomorrow. :)
Seems the miracle of birth is a miracle from start to finish!

How can you check if you actually ov and not just surge? Is that the temping thing? Xxx

i think it's the 21day bloods thing that you hear people talking about...that they go to docs for. but im not 100% sure on that xx

Ye i think temping is like OPK'S, you can get a positive and not OV. I think 21day bloods are the only way to check :)

Temping tells you when you have ov'ed hunny. If you start taking your temps after your af, once you have had a pos opk and you have ov'ed you temp will rise x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back